cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tommy Update

Giulia
3 17 493

Spoke with Tommy @pir8fan   yesterday and I offered to come on here and let everybody know what's what, to which he agreed.  For those of you who are unaware, he's been having eye problems for a LONG time.  After 7 (I think? he'll correct me if I'm wrong) operations he and his doctors decided it best to remove his eye.  Which as you can imagine is a pretty horrendous experience, both physically and emotionally.  (My words, not his.)  The operation went well, though he is in pain.  But he has NOT lost his sense of humor.  He said "if anybody wants to come see him, he'll keep an eye out for them."  He also said he was getting an eye patch.  We then had an exchange which I can't quote verbatim but we were talking about him turning into a real Pirate Man and he said something to the effect that he'd be willing to get the peg leg and the hook too, but "I'm not getting a d*mn parrot!"  

This man is unstoppable!   But I know he could surely use some prayers and good thoughts and more humor!

17 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Keeping Tommy in my prayers! Thank you for the update @Giulia .

Sootie

@Giulia  You are surely right G-----the man IS unstoppable. I just hope the pain stops soon because it seems he has been in some sort of pain for quite some time now.

I TOTALLY agree about this background. Someone suggested adjusting your own screen lighting settings (but of course, I have no idea how to do that). 

Rick_M

Hang in there Tommy.... Thanks for the update Giulia.

sweetplt

How about him turning into a pirate and saying, “iiiiiii Captain”

get it...ok my humor for Tommy, but I am not good like you Ms. G...anyways, this has to be tough on @pir8fan ... so I am sending out a prayer right this minute for healing both physically and emotionally...

...And you Ms G @Giulia hope all is well in your world...~ Colleen 860 DOF 

Giulia

@Sootie   The "whiteness....." comment was on a totally different blog.  I don't know why the content on the main page is showing something other than what this blog about Tommy addresses.  It's from another blog I made a while ago.  I've mentioned it in the ECAB group.

Strudel

Thanks so much Giulia for the update. He had sent a text and a picture and you are right - nothing stops him. And his upbeat attitude will certainly make a difference as he heals. Prayers and good vibes for our dear Tommy -  @pir8fan !! 😘🙏

kristen-9-7-15

Thanks for the info G.

MarilynH

Thank you for the update on Tommy Giulia......

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks G.  I have a pic of him with an eyepatch after a previous operation.  He will be in my prayers that the pain will soon rescind.

Christine13

Prayers for Tommy.

Barbscloud

@Giulia   This is strange.  I kept looking at this --why are there two posts with same title but different content.  I'm  confused.

Giulia

@Barbscloud   I have no idea.  I mentioned it above and in the ECAB group.  It's confusing to me too.

Ex_Nancy

Thank you G and prayers of healing and strength or you @pir8fan!  

pir8fan

Thank you all so very much! The bandages came off today! Now i have to put on a patch to keep from instilling fear in small children! Love you all! Bunches!!

Strudel

@pir8fan - Glad the bandages came off. Hope you are following doctor’s orders! Please - take care - love you too! 

Sandy-9-17-17

I love the sense of humor!  High spirited! Wishing you well Tommy!  Prayers for a speedy recovery, wish eye could find some humor to share, but eye have never been good at telling jokes! Seriously though, you got this! Find a really cool patch! 😉

SuzyQ411

@Giulia 

@pir8fan 

Thanks Giuila for the heads up!

Also, @pir8fan - sending prayers and best wishes for your speedy recovery. Will look for your return to the EX blogs!!

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!