cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today makes 1 year quit- HOORAY !!!!

jazzy3
1 13 30

Thank you all for the support, I do feel so much better breathing fresh air, my COPY/EMPhysema isn't as bad anymore and I can actually walk places. This coming wednesday I have registered for an excercise program at a community center near my house and hope I can keep up. It is a low impact excercise, I'll start with that.

Thanks again, I had my mind set once I quit, nothing would entice me to go back to smoking. When times got tough, my mom has Alzheimers and can be abusive sometimes, I would yell NO in my head to the nicodemon who is always trying to get us to slip. NO NO NO and kick him to the curb !!!! I visualize this and it worked. Good luck to you all and continue to never give up trying. It does work, drink lots of water, eat snacks that are healthy, so you don't gain too much weight. I found out, after about a year you lose the weight you gained anyway, that's something people don't know. I look and feel healthier than  I have in years. I hope you all can feel as good after 1 year of quitting too.

Hugs,

Terry

13 Comments
About the Author
I am trying to be healthy with exercise and proper eating.