Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today is the First Day "I Won't Back Down"

Cousin-Itt
11 15 221

Today is the First Day of Many   

2,000 days ago, I smoked my last 2 cigarettes in the morning between 6:30 and 7 Not sure of the exact time I just know I smoked the last two in a matter of 10 minutes on the way to the ER.
       90 days into my quit I joined a site something like this to save money on my health insurance.
I remember one of the first responses I received on my first comment on a different site from a person who has been quit 15 plus years at the time The person told me I wouldn't make it 6 months with my attitude. Funny thing this person didn't know me and of course the person was wrong. The comment bothered me, but so many other people reached out to me it was amazing. I am still in contact with several from the old site Which brings me to how I quit and what helped me the most.
It is about attitude. I wanted to quit, I knew and believed I could quit. I made a commitment and promise to myself to quit.
It's about the people. People on sites like this couldn't quit for me but they sure made it easier for me. I may never meet them, but they become good friends.
I found participating made things easier for me. I truly only took what helped me                                                          I believe in One Day at A time   TODAY is the most important day of my quit
I kept things in perspective I figure 2,000 days is a small amount of time to feel good and to be smoke free considering I spent more than 13,000 days of my life smoking.
Believe in yourself.  Want it more than anything.       I TRULY BELIEVE we all have inner strength to beat this with a little help from the good people on sites like this

To those of you who just started to those years into their quit and those in between

Thank You as you all made it easier.   

I can't finish without a song

Tom Petty- I Won't Back Down - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5II-WnW9OJo 

Carl 2,000 Days

15 Comments
About the Author
Raised 4 boys My second oldest died in 2013 at the age of 25. I have 3 granddaughters the youngest born 10/21 and 1 grandson born 12/14/2019. I coached little baseball for over 18 years. Worked in construction my whole life My last 2 cigarettes were on the way to the emergency room. That was the last thing I remembered as I woke up my hands tied o the hospital bed on a ventilator I was out for 4 days