cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today is the Day

kate106
0 16 33

Well today is the day I start this radiation and I'm scared to death. I cried myself to sleep last night just not wanting to go. I Have to go, to kill alll the cancer bugs. The part I haven't mentioned is the small chance I have of going blind in this one eye or the problems I can have.  But it's not just the radiation I'm scared of, it's leaving my two daughters and my dog (he's my baby) and he's too big and I can't take him with me. I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, because I will be here on weekends if I can find a ride back up, otherwise my daughter will come and get me. I've been really strong about all of this up until now. I'm just really tired of it and just want my regular life back. I want to work again. At least down in San Fran I will be surrounded by healthy non-smokers and not have to worry about wanting to smoke. Yes......

16 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Junior7

Sending prayers your way!

MarilynH

I'm sending good thoughts up for you.

Magstoyou

Kate-

You will be in my thoughts and prayers today!! 

Your not mountain out of a molehill-those are you feelings and emotions!!

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Mag484

elvan

You will be in the thoughts and prayers of many people here and I suspect you will feel them. We are all afraid of the unknown, there is nothing unusual about that.  

Sending you my best.

Ellen

promise_judy

Just take it one day at a time. You are very strong and you will come through this trial successfully. What ever happens don't judge it--accept it and move on. Your life is much more important to you than being stuck in negative thinking about the future (what ifs). Let us know how you are doing.

XOXO

Magstoyou

I meant your not making a mountain out of a mole hill-need more coffee!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Trust.

Faith.

I'll be thinking of you.

Believing

YoungAtHeart

One day at a time is all you can do.  Don't be fretting too much about tomorrow....if you can manage that.

You will remain in my thoughts and prayers. 

Hugs are being sent your way.

Nancy

stmand92

sending prayers your way.

smorgy8513

I second and third all that has been said.

You will do fine......hold on to the love and hope that others are sending your way.

Sharon

annb
Thinking of you! No this is a huge deal but you are brave and strong. Guardian Angels will have your back too!!! 🙂
LouiseR

In my thoughts and prayers!

Mike.n.Atlanta

Prayers for you Kate. I know it's a dificult task to endure but a fighter will reach down inside even further than before & come up with the strength & courage they need. I know you're a fighter.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

bob170

Hi Kate, you have every right to be scared, I had radiation treatments 5 years ago for a brain tumor.5 times a week for 6 weeks was fitted with a full head and shoulder mask so i couldn't move my head.I will keep you in my prayers as well and if there is anything i can help you with let me know.

The only other thing i can tell you is my treatments made me very tired, I had to have my wife drive me back and forth but no other side effects.

linda258

You have given yourself a gift... you are not smoking.  You are moving toward making yourself as healthy as you can be.  Positive thoughts coming your way.