cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today is annoying.

doney
0 7 16

tomorrow will be 2 weeks!!! 14 days!!! Although today has been a struggle. The last 3 days (Mon. Tue. and Wed.) were no problem at all. Hardly thought about cigarettes at all. But today, oh man, today is being difficult. But the important thing is that I am not giving into that urge. I think back to last Friday when I had my "slip up"...and how nasty and awful it tasted, and the slight headache it gave me afterward. Apparently my body is trying to tell me how nasty those thousands of chemicals are. And another thing that helps me, and I know this is going to sound weird.....but I have a beer bottle on my porch full of nasty, dirty butts....when I really get a craving, I go sniff it. It stinks soooooo bad. It almost makes me wanna puke, then I don't wanna have a cigarette at all. I guess whatever works, right? Anyway, I know I'm not gonna have one....but these urges today are annoying. Tomorrow is another day, I hope it's a little better 🙂

7 Comments
onvacation

that is a good plan - sniffing those nasty things!  

The crave will pass, they always do, just hard to remember that sometimes!

Keep the quit!

Patty70

Your blogs make me laugh. I think the butt bottle is a good thing. I once bent down to smell a public ash can that same way. You are doing great. Smoking insinuates itself into every aspect of our lives and our very identity. Fully embrace the true non-smoking  Doney, now that you have him back. Make that new identity comfortable.

sandra40

It's been a tough one for me today too! Also not sure where it came from...I was doing really well the past few days before today. I'm hanging in there doing whatever it takes to keep the quit...and praying tomorrow is indeed another day 🙂 If I had a sense of smell, which I don't, I would use the stinky cig bottle. Sounds digusting!

sander

I like the stinky bottle idea.  Every time I smell a smoker (stinky)  I take a big whiff and think, man I don't ever want to smell like that again.   You will have good and bad days.  You will have good days and bad days if you smoke or not, so just choose not to, and at the end of the day, you can look back, and say, Damn! That was a good day!

pugs_girl

GREAT JOB!!!!!  Hey, days like today will become few and far between.....PROMISE!!!

ks100207
Way to protect your quit. Anything that keeps you from taking that first puff because I know from experience that one is all it takes.
redhotsuemelton

Keep up the great work, the worst is almost over!!!  :-}