cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today is YOUR day!!

Mothergoose9
0 6 12

Just coming back from a bit of a hiatus and haven't had a chance to get to know everyone and where they are at.  But I think it is safe to assume that the picture is probably quite similar as it was when I left.  There will be every range of quitter from those that have been quit for a long time, to those that are just thinking about it.  But wherever you are at on this freedom journey, know that today is your day!!!

Maybe it's the day you quit making excuses and face the fact that there are no magic moments, no miracle pills, no shortcuts, and no sidesteps for success beyond the bottom line which is Not One Puff Ever.  It really is just that simple!!  Oh I know, we need to be aware of the triggers and there may be some value in analyzing why we smoke when we smoke etc., etc., etc..... (you have no idea how much willpower it took not to write blah, blah, blah instead of etc...) :D.  But at the end of the day it boils down to the fact that you can't quit and smoke at the same time. 

I lied to myself for a lot of years and those lies kept me plodding around the same dumb mountain over and over...kind of like those pony rides we loved as a kid where the poor pony is tied to a wheel thingy and spends it's day going around and around and around and never getting anywhere.  It went like this.....quit, feel good, have "just one"....full-blown addiction....feel like a loser....try....fail...try...fail...quit....have "just one"....  Sound familair?  Oh, there were lots of "reasons,"  there always are, and they seemed quite logical and made perfect sense, until someone cared enough to nail them for what they were.....excuses....junkie thinking....lies designed to keep me enslaved and controlled.

No matter what "method" you employ, you will never succeed until you establish a mindset that makes NO room for smoking..... ever, for any reason, under any circumstance!!!  You can, and will, learn to do life, REAL life, smoke FREE!!! 

Today is YOUR day.....what will you do with it?

6 Comments
aztec

Today I will be smoke free!!!

mike219

A mindset that makes no room for smoking. I like that. Right now in my Quit I have to remind my mind that it is finished where smoking is concerned. No kidding it has a mind of its own. Conquering day ten. Thanks for that.

Mike

EllenMT

Great Blog,  Mindset the makes no room for smoking as well as being TRULY HONEST with ourselves and everyone else.

My name is Ellen and I am a nicotine addict.  Today I will be nicotine free.

onedayatatime2

No room for smoking...EVER!!!!!  I have to run that one through my head every day--then when an unwanted thought of a smoke tries to enter it gets kicked outa there!!! Thanks for the post!

JonesCarpeDiem

Tobacco is not my friend

Strudel

Connie - Great blog!! Congrats on your fabulous quit!!