cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today I Celebrate Seven (7) Years of Freedom!!!

JoAnne5-14-2008
0 20 84

God has really been good to me! - Before seven years ago, I was wrapped up, tied up, and a slave to smoking.  I lived, breathed and would scrape my last pennies together to buy a pack of cigarettes.  I don’t know how much they cost now but $4 or $5 was a lot to pay for the brand I smoked.  I am so glad to be free!  All I had to do was take the first step and God did the rest.  I decided that I wanted to be totally free and asked God to completely deliver me.  Since that day, May 14, 2008, I have never had any desire to smoke again.  I am truly grateful for being delivered.  When you “truly” decide to take the first step, which is wanting to be free, I mean, really wanting to be free, God will do the rest.  Trust, and Pray and never look back.  What a blessing it is.  Thank you my fellow Exers for all the encouragement you have given me in my journey.  God bless!!!

20 Comments
Mike.n.Atlanta

I am so happy for you Joanne! Huge congratulations on this anniversary! You are such an inspiration to everyone here.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

JoAnne5-14-2008

Thank you Mike - I appreciate your support!!!

Barbara145

Congratulations on 7 years.   WOW. You are an inspiration.  God delivered me also after smoking 52 years.  Celebrate you today!

SimplySheri

I believe God is cheering for you loudest of all 🙂  Lovely quit for a lovely lady, JoAnne!!  Congratulations and thank you so much for staying on and bringing beauty to our lives.  Enjoy your day!!

Eric_L.

wtg and thanks.  i often forget how blessed i am not to have to smoke today and miss feeling grateful bc im so concerned with what i dont have.  7 yrs is awesome.

LouiseR

7 years is awesome, congrats to you lovely lady!

JonesCarpeDiem

woo hoo!

elvan

Congratulations, what an AMAZING anniversary!

kickit_cricket

What a great testimony.  Thanks for sharing as it inspires me to continue on this journey!!

ninepatch

Congrats on your beautiful quit!!!  7 YEARS - YEA!!!

freeneasy

Congratulations -7 Years of FREEDOM! Thanks for showing it can be done!

ShawnP

Thomas3.20.2010

May you be Blessed with many, many more Years of FREEDOM! Amen!

Celebrate, JoAnne!

You inspire all of us to celebrate the Lord's Blessings in our lives! 

JoAnne5-14-2008

Giulia

So happy for you.  So glad of you.  It IS a blessing to be free of this dis-ease.  Onward!

JACKIE1-25-15

7 Years great number, great testimony keep on keepin on.

Rick_M

Congrats to you JoAnne. Seven years of freedom is a blessing. You were always an inspiration to me way back when....Thanks for still being here......

Strudel

JoAnne - Congrats to you on 7 years!! And - thank you so much for sticking around here and holding out your hand to those of us coming behind you! 

Sootie

So happy for youJoAnne. And I know everyone agrees that YOU are a blessing to this site! 

CONGRATULATIONS ON 7 YEARS!!!!!!

jacks1125

Seven yrs a true  blessing...so proud of u. you are such an inspiration to me.

much love and peace to u,

Jacque