cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today, Feb 21 turned out to be DAY 1 for me !!

glenda3
0 11 3

Since I had changed my smoking times to cut back, I just kept putting off that first one all day.  Even went to a get together where some were going outside to smoke and did not join them.  Found out that I missed a lot by going outside all the time to smoke !! 

I feel a little "spacey" but that may be the obsession with wanting a smoke or the Wellbutrin.  Or it could be that I was awake most of the night last night which is also the medicine.  Called the pharmacy and they said it was ok to take a PM sleep aide..............WONDERFUL !!    so anyway, today is day one for me !!!  Looking forward to all the support and comments.  Thanks for helping me. 

11 Comments
topher10

Hey Glenda,  Welcome to this site and the rest of your life as a NON-SMOKER! Day one is behind you and that is fantastic, It's a big step. You have shown yourself you can make it through a day without smoking & If you can go today without smoking, you can go tomorrow without smoking. Just keep reminding yourself N.O.P.E. ( Not One Puff Ever )........Keep it up...... 

Debi12

Hi Glenda, welcome to this site.  congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  you can do it!!

Back on Nov 17th I began my first day - I spent alot of time on here, with the support and great people cheering me on - I have been smoke-free for 96 days now!!! 

One day at a time!  You can do it! 

cigfreed

congradulations...you can do it.

cigfreed

congradulations...you can do it.

jay23

Congrats on your first day!!!  You can do this!  Just keep your self busy.  I used this website a lot in the beginning.  Good way to divert time.  Drink lots of water!

oli2

Glenda congrats!  Today is day 4 for me!  You can do it, we can do it.

I also felt very spacey on the first 2 days, but it went away yesterday.  I think it was the nicotine withdrawl because I am  not taking anything.

Congrats and keep it up!

aztec

Hi Glenda

There is a site quit smokingonlne.com

it's interesting and a new apporach

hiere is a list of things to do other than smoke, it may come up withcomputer language, hope not If it does just read after it. hope it works, not so computer savy here

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Distractions when cravings hit

Listen to positive music or affirmation cd or tape

Think about your reasons for quitting

Play cards

Read book , magazine or newspaper

Pray

Fix something that is broken

Wash your windows

Do aerobics

Go to church

Cook a new recipe

Take a long walk

Read the comics

Drink orange juice

Hoola hoop

Watch tv

Call a friend

Change your hair

Dance

Sleep

Visit a friend

Play with your pet

Shop

Tidy up

Drink water

Go fishing
weave a basket
do crafts
play golf
do jigsaw puzzles
go bowling
play computer games
knit
take another bath
do tai chi
take a drive
go jogging
garden
meditate
swim
go for a walk
do crossword  puzzles
build a model
go to a museum
go to the library
shop
join a club
surf the internet
doodle
do needlepoint
hike
paint of sketch
do aerobics
play an instrument
do volunteer work
get a manicure
sing
redecorate a room
read
collect stamps or coins
write letters
play video games
make jewelry
take a class
Read the bible or other spiritual text

Listen to music

Organize a closet

Do yard work

Rearrange furniture

Water your plants

Write in a journal

Call aloved one

Cry if you feel like it

Lift weights or go running

Write an angry letter but don’t’mail it

Apologize if I hurt someones feelings

Celebrate with non-smoking friends

Laugh with a full breath

Do yoga

Meditate

Take a shower

Take an oil bath

Do a model

Crochet

Learn something new

Go swimming

ADD YOUR OWN

Chemicals in cigarettes

According to seton health

There are 4,000 chemicals in tobacco products

Here’s a few

Carbon monoxide

Acetone

Arsenic

Butane

Carbon dioxide

Formaldehyde

Ammonia

Nicotine

Polonium etc etc

Polonium is a radioactive element that is inhaled in the lungs. Someone who smokes apack and ahalf a day get a daily dose of radiation equal to four chest x-rays.

Yaya2.6.10
Congrats on Day 1. I'm on Chantix and into my 3rd week and still feel weird. You describe it as spacey, I think of it as edgy. I'm always on guard for the triggers even tho I have no cravings. There are so many things in my daily routine that were preceded or followed by a cigarette. It is tiresome and I was pretty cranky about the whole thing last week, but am working on positive thoughts. This site has been wonderful for me. It gives me something to do when I want to smoke and the support and info is amazing.
budman12

Welcome aboard , Glenda! You'll find a lot of awesome folks at this site with mostly all good advice. Take it a craving and a day at a time and as far as the advice goes "gather the wheat and toss the chaf".. if ya know what I mean ;-). God bless you and best wishes on your quit. Be strong and committed and you WILL be successful.

Budman

anacondahead

Congrats on making the best decision of your life - day 1 is excellent. The 'spacey' feeling is the nicotine leaving your system, which is just one of the thousands of harmful chemicals in cigarettes. Quit for only one day at a time. Watch those days add up and the quitting get easier.  Best wishes to you - let us know how you are doing.

steve80

As they say in chinese.........Rots of good ruck...LOL Maybe its not as funny as it sounds in my head...

Keep positive you got this!!!! Your already have taken a few steps towards a thousnad miles!!!

Remember

YOU GAVE UP NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!