cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

To All Those Beginning the Journey

Larry576
0 8 1

Well, made it through another month. Today marks 71 days as an EX. It is getting a bit easier but as I've been warned, the demon urge raises its ugly head at times. But, I'm able to look back and realize it's not as often as it once was. So, I just reach for another peppermint and trudge on.

To all those who are just beginning the journey, don't ever give up. One thought that has helped me is the realization that after the first few days my body is nicotine free but it is the psychological aspect that is the challenge. It truly does become an issue of mind over matter. But never lose sight your control is more powerful than you may think and you can do this. 

Now, I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me.  By following the simple advice I read in an article, I have finally found inner peace.... It said: "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started."

So, today I have finished one bottle of vodka, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of Jack Daniel's, all of my Prozac and a big box of chocolates. Damn, do I feel better already!

Pass this on to all those in need of Inner Peace.

Enjoy the day and keep up the quit!

8 Comments