cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tip Of The Day (nothing to do with quitting smoking)

JonesCarpeDiem
1 4 99

Did you know you can search your email?

I wanted to find what the model of a 6 outlet, individually switched power strip I bought was so I could see about ordering another. All I had to do was look up the name of the manufacturer in  the search box.

Say someone sent you a bread recipe.

All you'd have to do is type in the word  bread and every email with that word will appear.

Say you want to look up all the communications between yourself and another person. Type in their name and the entire list of conversations in order by newest first will populate. You can then flip the conversations to oldest first.

I buy a lot of stuff online and get receipts and descriptions for every purchase in my email so email search is invaluable.

Just something that most people don't realize.

You can do this on your computer too. Find anything that's been saved by using one word.

I wanted to find the lat time I had a haircut. All I did was go to documents and type in haircut.

4 Comments
About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.