cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thursday is a happy day

LarryG
5 7 62

Lavender in a pail.jpegLavender in a bucket.  I painted this while my wife was in the hospital Tuesday, she is home now.  I did this watercolor from memory of an item I saw for sale in a local store.

If I had to describe something as divine it would be what happens between people when they really get it together.

~June L. Tapp

How lucky we are, that we can experience that divine spark with one another, and with all recovering women. The program offers us the chance, every moment of our lives from this day forward, to experience divinity. All we are asked to do is be there, for one another, to share fully who we are. Vulnerability gets easier as we learn that we can trust each other, that we can share pain, that it's okay to pull and prod and follow, first you and then me and then her.

What a thrill it is to leave our competition behind! The program bonds us together, and the bond will strengthen each of us, but it can elude us, too. It often does when we forget to be there, in one another's presence, when the opportunity comes.

I need these sparks to nurture my growth, singly and collectively. I will be part of a divine experience today.

7 Comments
About the Author
I quit on October 25, 2013, it was the best decision I ever made (or, one of them). I smoked for over 50 years and quit Cold Turkey. My most useful tool is gratitude, you can borrow some from me.