cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Throw them away?

willybilly30
3 12 412

Hey, everyone I am not sure how I found this place but, glad I did. I seen one of the steps to quitting is throw them away.I had this issue not to long ago on throwing them away. I joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Also they got an addiction recovery program based on Alcoholics Anonymous but more Mormon. I call it Mormon AA. Well, they won’t me throw them away to. For 30 years I smoked when sad, mad, glad, stressed, watching tv, and might do it sleeping if I could.  I go to a therapy class for depression and intermittent explosive disorder and they do not all allow smoking while class is going on. But, as soon as the teacher for today lol says break time me and half the class are going out side and lighting up our devil sticks. I don’t know I think I will call it that for fun. I already call coffee that cause president Kelly said all coffee is bad. I love the Latterday Saint Church or what my town calls “Mormons” Some of them dislike that nickname but like a child hood nickname you might hate they do not go away. The Mormons believe in temples and our body is one. Doing unhealthy stuff is wrong. I do love this belief. I personally think who ever you hang around long enough you will become like them. I been in it 3 months. I am probably more Mormon than I was 3 months ago. My only freaking hang up is getting off them cigarettes and coffee, I read their scriptures and so far I think that’s my biggest one. Also, I am tired of my life revolving around a cigarette . I lived by my grandpas farm as a kid. I walked, relaxed by the pond, read books in. My bed room, and enjoyed all kinds of stuff a Alabama country boy would lol but, I did not need a cigarette. My friends bugged me to smoke at a foot ball game in maybe 1991. I moved out in 95 and I know I did it a lot more. I was away from my mom who hates cigarettes more than…I do not know know really…her parents smoked and she hated it as a kid. She said she spent most of her child hood in her bedroom cause her parents would puff like chimneys and she just hated it. They quit years later and died years ago. They were pretty proud of themselves and bugged me to quit lots of times. I quit three times but some stressful thing would happen and I would be running to the gas station or even raiding store ask trays. I am not proud of that and it is a wonder I did not get Covid or some thing. Crazy what we smokers will do I guess. I did not get the idea of what we call ash tray raiding on my own. My friends knew where to go. Mostly factories and stores had long cigs in the ash trays. When I think of quitting I hear some song I heard once that goes”how can I live with out you?” I am sure it’s on YouTube if you wanna find it. She is probably talking about a man and one line says “how do I breathe with out you” I really don’t think you could turn this into a song about addiction. Well, guess I rambled enough. I wanna see how blogging on here is. I do love journaling. 

12 Comments