cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Through the darkness....

Gail561
4 8 191

The anniversary of my husband (Fran) death is less than a month a way now. It’s scary that Alison and I have been away from him for this long. We both miss him terribly. Easter is quickly approaching, which is the last holiday we shared together as a family. I know that Easter is earlier than it was last year, but I will always associate the two. What you don’t know is I don’t own the house we live in. The house ownership is under his sisters, and they are giving me a lot of grief along with the losses this year that I have endured. I am working with some organizations and joining the local community church that I’ve been attending. They are giving me strength to see the light and find a new place to live. Unfortunately, my daughter doesn’t understand any of this. She is confused why her aunts would want to hurt her. I’m sure someone here might have been in a similar way as me and this it not a fun place to be in. I am worried about all this. It’s time to release what the darkness is and why I have been writing some dark posts. I am trying to cope with everything, and they tell us they care about us just to be stabbed in the back. I feel like I fell into their trap and my daughter, and I are paying the price. This is the only place my daughter knows as home. I have been scrambling for a few days now as I was ambushed in two meetings about where I live. I first had to get over the anger before I could find out our opinions. I was caught off guard by others to take my emotions out of this – that is not easy to do either. One sister has wanted this for years if I didn’t have my daughter which is their niece I would have been out of here months ago. I am not writing this for sympathy at all. I am writing because it gives me hope and strength. I am also finding others that can help me through these trouble times. If I write about darkness and don’t get scared, I don’t plan on doing anything dumb. I am trying to find the solutions in a screwed-up world.

8 Comments
Lucid01

@Gail561 

A few years ago I lost my mother to Alzheimers disease. I was devastated. My heart goes out to you and my thoughts are with you.

Gail561

@Lucid01  thank you. 

Barbscloud

@Gail561 That is awful.   It is not uncommon for family to turn on you with the passing of a loved one.  It's sad that so many just want to get what they can at the expense of someone who is still grieving,  trying to take care of things and themselves.

I'm so sorry to hear another burden has been added to your life. You're a resilient person, so I know you will figure it out .   The anger and distress is understandable.  Step back and take a deep  breathe and give yourself time to come up with solutions.

Not scared, just care. ❤️

Hugs,

Barb

Barbara145

So sorry for your loss. If it is possible try to think positively about the house deal. It will work out.  Take good care of yourself.  Thinking of you.

YoungAtHeart

Any time $$$$ is involved, people become ugly.  It isn't you!  Greed is not one of our better emotions.  I am sorry you are bearing the brunt of that during such a difficult time.

Thinking of you, and sending yet another hug!

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

My heart goes out to you @Gail561. My sincerest condolences to you and your daughter. Stay strong, you will get through this. I know it seems as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders, but this to shall pass and the sun will shine again. Hold on to the wonder memories of your husband, and create new ones with your daughter celebrating his life this Easter. 

We are here for you @Gail561 and sending positive thoughts your way.

Quiana, EX Team

Gail561

Thank you. I appreciate you all letting me vent and get through this madness. It's just another setback. 

indingrl

Gentle hug dear friend @Gail561 

Prayers lifted 

About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.