cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Three years

Sick-of-it
3 9 46

Hey. I don't get on much but I have three years now of freedom and the first one was faithfully spent on this site.  Give yourself the gift of sticking to this and you will get to the point you wouldn't want one if someone put a pack in your hands.  Dale helped me so much, listen to him and don't keep a stash, never take another puff, and don't lie to yourself.  You can't quit if you keep smoking.  My husband has bladder cancer and they say it is definely caused from smoking,  he will soon go through his third surgery and second round of chemo.  Please don't let this happen to you, your family needs and loves you.  Not scare tactics just facts, and here is another scary fact....you can live without smoking and you won't miss it.  I have my breath, money, dignity, a clean environment, and my kids don't have to listen to lies anymore about how I a going to quit tomorrow, next month or next year.  Love and good wishes.   I am a Happy Non smoker!!!!

9 Comments
Christine616

Thank you for posting, Sick-of-it. Inspiring. 😃

GreenThumb3

Congrats on 3 years ,hope and pray for speedy recovery for your husband .

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations on 3 years.

Much love to you and prayers for your husband and yourself.

Silverstar

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I feel for you and your husband, hope he can have a full recovery, and congratulations for Quitting and staying Quit through it all. 

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 3 smoke-free years! I am praying for you and your husband!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Thomas3.20.2010

Congratulations!

Sorry for all that you and your husband are going through!

I hope he gets well soon!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Giulia

Nice to see you.  And great kudos on the Three Years smoke free.  I hope this latest bout of surgery and chemo helps your husband tremendously and puts things in permanent remission.  Strength to you both.

elvan

So good to hear from you.  I will celebrate my third year in another 6 days.  I remember we celebrated entering the 6% club around the same time 2 years ago.

Congratulations.  Saying prayers for your husband and for you as you deal with this.

Best,

Ellen

bonniebee

Great Blog !! Congrats on your 3 years of freedom !!! I hope your husband will pull through We all take so many chances smoking those cancer sticks and live in denial too ! My mom and dad both died from cancer and i did not believe it was from cigarettes for the longest time !

Denial is over I have 705 DOF now !