cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Three Days after my Quit Day...

ldr87
0 5 9

Quit day, I ended up having three cigs.  I know I know,  but at least they were all after 6pm and it was really just me being nervous about seeing my 2 year old son I haven't seen since Feburary so no excuse is a good one but at least it wasn't just "screw it I want one".  Day two I have half a cig at 10:30pm and hated it.  Today I've had none and I've been using tooth picks for the mental thing and haven't used one of those in hours!  I haven't really had a super bad urge to smoke today either, I really believe this time is it.  I just recently quit drinking to so that helps, and getting back in a daily workout routine keepe me going.  I think those few on the first two days actually helped me as well to see just how bad smoking can be even immediately after the cigarette.  My roommate even smokes and I stood right by him today as he smoked and all I could talk about was how gross it smelled haha.  thank you EX community and the people who started it!

5 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

those toothpicks are hard to light, eh?

bonfire817

LOL yea I bet they don't burn evenly either. Keep up the good work! You can do this! Believe me, everyone I know is FLOORED that I did it!! You are brave though, I wasn't next to a smoker until like 80 something days in. Well, i went into a bar once in the first couple weeks but I almost puked!

choptrice

I love after 6pm

adambrown007

Nice encouragement to all smokers that it is really possible to quit smoking ciggarettes. Quitting from smoking is very important because not only that you will help your body but also you will help the environment. Nice post and keep it up. We are happy for you - <strong><a href="http://www.squidoo.com/t1-services"> Internet T1 </a></strong>

anacondahead

How are things going today?