cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

This is going to be interesting...

sid8
0 8 12

I will be writing in 3 blogs every day.  lol  My personal daily blog for my panic disorder, my financial blog and now this one.  This is not a New Year's resolution for me.  It just happens that I decided to make this change in my life now.

I am starting my prep for my quit date today.  The goal is to quit in 10 days once I've got the tools under my belt, etc.  I am starting part of my quit program today with a "weaning" program.  I am unable to use the quit assist methods because I'm allergic to the adhesive in the patches and the lozenges/gums make me sick to my stomach.  So, weaning for now will get me started. 

I have set the alarm on my iPod to go off every 1-1/2 hours.  Normally, I smoke just shy of a full pack every day.  Today, I have set myself up for 11 cigs.  I will definitely do everything I can to keep on track with my alarm.  However, I will not beat myself up if I screw up.

8 Comments
Ex_Nancy

Hi Sid and welcome to Ex...to succeed, educate yourself, make a plan and stick to it. You must read, read and read to understand this addiction and the mind games that go with it. The better eqipped you are, the easier it will be to beat this...stay close to this site and read all you can...here are some links....

http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Allen Carr's book - http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook

sid8

Thanks so much for the links, Nancy.  I will definitely check them out immediately. 😄

BobbyMaynard

Everything you need to become a non smoker.

Your Decision.

Your Plan. Quit date, cold turkey or medication (NRT).

Your Knowledge. Learn about nicotine addiction and the process of becoming nicotine and smoke free.

Your Support. Everyone on this site wants to help support you in your process to become a non smoker. Tell your friends, family, coworkers, you may be surprised where support may come from.

Your Commitment to your decision. Are you willing to do and endure whatever it takes to become a confident, well adjusted non smoker. Are you willing to accept that no matter what you experience, think or feel, “smoking is no longer an option”?

I like the way you are approaching your quit. You can do this Sid.

1 800 QUIT NOW

Quit Smoking online coarse

Staying Quit

sid8

Thanks so much, Bobby.  I am so excited by all of the support I've been receiving in such a short time.  I guess one more day of tracking my smoking and then on to the next step! : D

maggie_8-1-2010

Yay for you Sid! Check out this link for some great info.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Marcie_free_since_4-4-11-blog/2012/01/02/welcome-new-member...

Best wishes and happy new year to you!

sid8

Thank you Maggie!  i will check out that link immediately. 😄

tsana

Hi, Sid,

I also quit by slowly weaning myself over time. Many people will tell you that that isn't a good method, but it worked for me, and I hope it works for you. I cut my smoking down by half every day, and then when I got to the end, I smoked just 1/day until I felt like I was ready to quit. I did initally set a quit date, but I ended up quitting about a week before that.

Good luck to you 🙂

family-first
Welcome!