cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

This could be the last time....

lizzyinecosse
0 9 44

Day 4.  Of my 250th attempt to quit.  OK not that many but it feels like it.  I managed to get through day 3, which, historically for me, has always been the biggest b*tch.  And it didn't disappoint, but I got through it.  From here on in it should get a little bit easier, provided themptation stays away.  This shouldn't be too hard as all my friends have now quit!  I owe it to my lovely boys, and myself of course, to see this through.  I want to be smoke free.... Cover me, I'm going in!

9 Comments
mikecity

Congratulations on 4 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now that the nicotine is mostly gone from your body, it sould be some what better for you.  Stay with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizzyinecosse

Thank you! It's one day at a time and an industrial size tub of gum but Hey! If it works.....

donna-b2

i like your attitude!  go for it lizzy, we got your back    read, blog, read, blog,  so helpful and keeps your mind busy with positive thoughts.

i lived on this sight through the tough days and it got me through.  now i have made friends here so still here all the time..

Make it a great smoke free day.

Thomas3.20.2010

One day at a time! Don't focus on the past, don't glimpse into the future - just today! That's all that matters!

exhale

congrats!!!! stay focused...you can do it!!!

johnbotkins

WAY TO GO ON 4 DAY'S,

I DO KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT 250 TIMES AND THAT GOOD OLD DAY 3 IT HAS GOT ME IN THE LAST 2 WEEK'S 2 X'S.... BUT NOW I'M ON DAY 6 AND IT IS GETTING EASIER....

NOPE

JOHN

jojo_2-24-11

Hi Lizzy, Each day will get easier and easier, I promise you this. I still chew sugarless gum and my dentist will probably have something to say about this when I see him in March, but I am smoke-free for almost a year and whatever it takes to stay smoke-free is what I am doing.

freedom1

Congratulations!  the cravings will come, but try to just accept them rather than fight them.  That has helped me a lot.  I am on day 18 and it has gotten easier.  I remember the first week and especially day number 3 & 4 and they are tough.  Just hang in there because I promise you it gets much better.

lizzyinecosse

Thank you all!!  It's great having all this support cos it really is a lonely business, quitting, but having you guys around makes it so much easier.  It's empowering!  Thanks again xx