cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

This Radiation is Kicking My @#$,,,,,,

kate106
0 14 160

This last week has been tough! The tireness has set in amongst other things. I also have a sinus infection--my cute doctor gave me a very strong antibiotic--nausea most days, and just plain tiredness all the time. I thought I would get caught up on my sleep last week when I had 4 days off for Thanksgiving, but it didn't happen--the tiredness never went away....

But I'm still not smoking! Yeah! I will get through this. Only 2.5 more weeks. I have to start eating nothing but vegies (garlic, cabbage, onions, broccilli, beets, spinach,kate, etc) smoothies and flax seed--all natural remedies for curing cancer without chemo or radiation according to www.chrisbeatcancer.com. Very interesting. Thank goodness they didn't recommend I have chemo, because I would not have done it. My body would not have been able to take it. And I see the poor people coming out of chemo treatment, and they look horrible....not for me......

You all have a great Smokefree day. Thank you for letting me share.......

14 Comments
rosemarymom

Thanks for the update.  You are on the down side of the treatments now - stay strong!  Hope you can get some good healing sleep.

annb
Oh Bless you. I'm so glad you don't have to go the chemo route. I'm with you I don't think I could ever tolerate that! The diet sounds wonderful (except for beets! Bleeakkkk! Lol) Rest as much as you can and feel better!
cookie804

I am so sorry for all you are going through. You are a strong lady and I am very proud of you. Good luck on that diet , I would never make it on that one. I will keep you in my prayers

God bless

Carolyn

candylance

I wish only the best for YOU!! Please LET GO and LET...........your Higher Power take away your worries and woes. I don't think I'd go the chemo route either.

Fondly,

Candy

Junior7

Sending good thoughts your way! 

MarilynH

You are such a tough lady  I am glad you are on the down hill slide of your treatment. You are doing fantastic with your quit. Continue being strong. 

Marilyn 

imadeer

the radiation tends to weaken one. hang on!

since you have no memories of smoking connected with radiation, you woiuldn't want to make any.

🙂

YoungAtHeart

You are doing SO well.  You should be very proud of all that you are accomplishing.  Rest as you need to - it's what's important right now.

Take care!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

You are doing great with your quit and you have alot to be proud of!  The treatments are tough, I am sure, but 2-1/2 weeks will be gone before you know it.  Praying for you!

bob170

Yes the tiredness is the worst side effect of radiation,I couldn't stand it. You are doing great considering all you are going through besides the radiation. My wife found a diet book called "the fast metabolism diet" written by Haliey Pomeroy, if you get a chance  check it out, I think it could help not just you but anyone.

good luck

esb

Sending good wishes and healing to you.  Keep up the good fight and take each day as it comes, with the willingness to see the treasures each day holds for you. You are stronger than you think, and give yourself this time to heal from the inside out.  All the very best to you right now - we are cheering for you!

Best,

-esb

Brenda_M

Sorry that the radiation is getting tough, but you are tougher!!!

I heard watermelon is also cancer-fighting...but I guess it's out of season. Too bad, because it is SO DELICIOUS.

Magstoyou

(((((((((((((Hugs and Prayers)))))))))))))

Mag

Legend

I hope you feel better soon and I just said a prayer for you.

I saved that web site just in case I ever get cancer then I will have more information on that subject.