Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Things You Can't Plan For And Things You Can

JonesCarpeDiem
2 2 90

I say HEALTH PROBLEMS OR ACCIDENTS

You never know when you might get sick or have an accident so it's impossible to plan ahead. 

I'm at that place in my life that it revolves around Dr's Appointments. I never dreamed life would be living between Dr's Appointments.

Next Week

Tuesday EGD with anesthesia

Wednesday Cant Drive

Thursday Abdominal CT scan w/contrast

(pancreas and Kidney)

Friday Cystoscopy (this is gonna hurt)

This you can plan for

Situations you will face during your quit

If you need to excuse yourself from an emotional  situation and must decide to walk away or smoke

WALK AWAY  DO IT!

No One Else Is Going To Save Your Quit But You!

If you're out with friends skip the alcohol or have one drink and water the rest of the time.

Be smart

and you won't smoke! 

2 Comments
About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.