cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

There are no Coincidences

LoisLL
5 6 74

I’m ending Day 4 of being a non-smoker! I was moody; however , I kept busy with cleaning and watching after my 4 dogs. They hate smoke and now won’t leave my side. Their little noses are so sensitive that the smoke always caused them to sniff and sneeze. They are a happy bunch of pups today. 

I became a little overwhelmed today thinking nothing was going my way. I was doing laundry and noticed a bag sitting on my front porch. It contained a gratitude jar for the Thanksgiving month.  It asked that everyone in my family place one of the slips of paper in the jar with 1 thing we are grateful or thankful for each day. It was from a local church that I’m not affiliated with.  There are no coincidences. I talked to an old friend for hours after that. She stopped smoking 18 years ago. I tried to quit with her but it didn’t stick for me.  She was very supportive. In the end, everything turned out for best today.

6 Comments
About the Author
From Washington DC. Grew up in ANNANDALE VA. I was in the Navy and worked at Navy Federal for 23 years. I have 2 children and am Nearing retirement.