cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

There Are Bias Response Teams At Over 200 Colleges

JonesCarpeDiem
0 6 131

Informing students what they can and cannot say.

There is a no bias rule against smokers or smoking in Kentucky.

If this were Kentucky I wouldn't want to make you feel bad about smoking by telling you are damaging yourself and are going to cost society a lot

of money in the future, if you lived that long, because I'm not allowed to say that.  🙂

Of course if I were a smoker I wouldn't be listening either.   🙂

There will be no Free Speech much longer if this continues.

6 Comments
Giulia

Fortunately we all have free speech on this platform, and we're all biased here.  We're biased against any and all excuses that you can come up with to smoke once you've said you won't and don't. And that's a good bias to my mind!  

Stopforgood

Amen from KY!!!

John10forteen

Kentucky & Not Smoking, two of my favorite subjects. Do you mean you can say something in KY or you cannot.?

Thx.JonesCarpeDiem

We just bought some raw land in KY and in depressed areas smoking is extremely common. Sadly, they are old school like... you can't take my rights away. They'll still walk into stores with ciggs. hanging out their mouth. (not a lot but some) Just in the back country, not in the cities like Lexington and such. What really pisses me off is cigarettes are SO cheap in KY and groceries are about the same as they are in Connecticut.

TerrieQuit

Yay! for free speech on EX!

MarilynH

Thank you Dale 

elvan

I don't like being around smoke but I don't say anything.  I do wish that smokers would adhere to the posted signs for no smoking within a certain number of feet of an entrance where everyone has to go in and out.  

Smoking in Virginia is probably just about as common as in KY, NC, SC...anywhere that tobacco was big business and the prices are much lower than in northern states where cigarettes are taxed through the roof.

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.