cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The struggle is real. Haha

annb
1 13 37

Ok time for a blog. Been kinda lurking enjoying reading others. I don't really have much interesting input but I thought I'd shout out my 78 days today. Really feeling for Ellen tonight. Being fresh out of surgery is no fun. I had quite the time of it and almost had to go back to hospital. That's why I'm concerned if they discharge her too soon. I could sure share some funny stories. Anyway now that I'm "home alone" and working on rehab I do get more craves but handling pretty well. Still on the Wellbutrin and I think it's made the difference this time!! Yay!! Having a lot of trouble with rock hard muscle knots in my neck which is hampering things but PT is working on it.  I'm kinda exhausted from trying to literally keep my chin up!  Lol Heads really are heavy!!! But hey I'm grateful to be walking and talking. Lord help did I dodge a bullet. Anyway the body is certainly an amazing creation with its functions and ability to heal!  Every time I think I want a cigarette I remember what a gift we have and I determine there's no going back!  Looking forward to milestones ahead, 80 days, 90 days and meeting Dale's 130 challenge with my chin held high!! Who's with me??!! 🙂  oxoxox 

13 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Glad to hear you are handling the new craves so well!  Be sure to keep as busy as you can - maybe a crossword, or a game of Solitaire, a computer game or a jigsaw? Taking some breaths in the freezer?   Even if you are PTing it - don't let those smoking thoughts go unchallenged in your head.  Get distracted!

Nancy

annb

@Nancy, you know what I've found to be a great help? The new "Adult" coloring books!! Returning to childhood. Very relaxing and the designs are beautiful. I highly recommend it!!!!  🙂

kristen-9-7-15

Congrats on 78 days!!

HealthyOrange

Congratulations on 78 beautiful days of healing!  I am so proud of you for embarking on and staying with this journey.  You are doing it!  Way to go, Ann!

Barbara145

HELLO ANN.  So good to see you!  You have been missed  Congrats on 78 days.  Great job..  

Rox.j1962
78 days!!! Wow...awesome!
chatkat

Nice to meet you Ann, I'm Chat aka Kathy.

WTG on your 78 days. Thatt Great. Thanks for the coloring book suggestion. I LOVE coloring. I keep my own book and crayons in my bedside table so the grand kids don't get to them. I haven't colored in a long time. Guess it is time to start that up again. What are you in PT for if you don't mind me asking. 

Jennifer-Quit

I am happy to hear that you are recovering well.  Good job on 78 days - that is a great start to a life time of freedom!

ShawnP

Hooray for you with 78 days! Hope you continue to get stronger and stronger. (just like wonder woman) 🙂 N.O.P.E!!

Junior7

So great to hear from you!  Congrats on 78 days!

sparky26

Good to hear from you Ann. I love those colouring books , that's a great idea , keeps your hand and mind busy. I had a Mandela colouring book I found at a Hastings book store , oh my , I guess it was  15 years ago  , ( yikes)  anyhow it was fun,fun fun .I'm  always on the lookout for another one . Colouring is good for the soul ,I think . Congratulations on staying with your quit , remember Ann , not one puff ever !!!!!!!

MarilynH

Congratulations sweet Ann on your awesome 78 DOF and counting WTG, yay, yay and yay again, rock on my friend, rock on. 

Marilyn 

candylance

Congrats annb♥ on 78 wonderful smoke-free days!! Keep on truckin'!!

Candy   17   DOF