cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The shift...Day 7 counting down

fubunni52
0 3 29
My brain usually doesn't let me do anything with out having coffee first thing just my addiction didn't let me start my day with out a cigarette. Today tho, today was different. Today I rolled out of bed and feed the dogs, while they are I cleaned the kitchen, then we all went outside...with out coffee or cigarette in hand. It's hot out already, the humidity had my hair standing on end and it's wonderful! I've drank two glasses of water and my brain function is waking slowly. I water my plants and smell the Jasmine and orange blossoms instead of smoke. This is the shift. That lil hint to my future of a smoke free day....It's going to be wonderful! The memories of past attempts are coming back...The feelings, smells, and emotions of what the quit was like. The things that made it worth it. As I count down I'm no longer using the smoke break to get shit done. Instead I have a stack of magazines that have been accumulating for a year, all favorites, waiting to be read. These will be my new distraction in between projects, one article at a time. Anyway, this is my shift day, the day you stop questioning myself and start believing. I will be able to do this. I'm ready.
3 Comments