cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The replacements

nicool
0 4 5

I have noticed that since breaking up only a few days ago and since quitting smoking, I am desperately seeking a replacement to give me comfort. Unfortunately my boyfriend had never actually been that good at it in the first place, but a nice combination of smoking, his company and good food and beer was sufficient for the time being. Now I don't have cigarettes or a boyfriend. What's left? Well, there's food and beer... and then there are dating websites. I have found myself, in the void of attention seeking it out online even though I know full well I am not ready to date anyone, I just crave that attention. My log-ons per day have been increasing to the level of ridiculous and I have come to the conclusion that I need to let go of the dating sites. At least for now. I decided to approach it much the same way that I have approached my quit. I notice how I am feeling when I want to check the site and I think about where that is coming from and what are some other things that I could do that would make me feel better. Then next week I will delete my profile and start counting the days since I quit.

4 Comments