cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The patch

melsue
0 8 14

I started my patch this morning , I can feel the rush it gives me . Or maybe it's my mind tricking me. My arm is kinda tingling. Normal I assume ? Never tried anything before so this is new to me . we were looking at a few houses today to possible buy and I'm excited and have my patch and normal chewing gum to start my day . I'm doing ok right now and I feel ok. on to a new me

8 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

the biggest struggle of quitting is unlearning smoking.

realize you are still going to get thoughts of smoking whether you are getting nicotine or not.

flow with it. say, "I don't do that anymore" out loud

you will be amazed how much easier it will be if you just refocu when a crave comes.

they are memories of repitition. thoughts of the quick fix.

You have your nicotine. focus on freedom from the thinking of it.

JonesCarpeDiem

move the patch to a different spot every day. Inner arms and legs are too tender.

Outer upper arm and shoulder blade are the best places I found.

I can't remember the tingling but I'm not your arm. I do know the patch is timed release so it's gradual rather than the quick fix from a cigarette.

newlife5

i used to itch real bad  i used to put it on my chest  and rub it when i got a bad crave it helped

newlife5

on my chest by my shoulder... guess i didnt make that clear

MarilynH

Drink lots of water and keep your mind as well as your hands occupied, you will do just fine. 

Marilyn

YoungAtHeart

Remember that this quit is a process.  It goes in stages.  The earliest days are the ones where you need to try to stay extra busy and keep your mind occupied.  You need to plan for those times that have been rough for you in the past.  What else will you do THIS time?

Hang in there!  The only way out is through.

Nancy

Magstoyou

Get as much sleep as you can and really take care of yourself. As said above drink lots of water. Try to relax as much as you can. Try not to get stressed out!! I used the patch too and i am at 495 days!! Stay close to the site and read others blogs. And blog yourself. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We are here for you!!

Best wishes for a great quit

Mag

melsue

Thanks ! I am doing ok , no smoking and urges are not to powerful , I know that will change as the days get a little harder but I'm glad I didn't smoke any today . Hope you all are doing well and had a good day . 🙂 thanks for all the support.