cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The patch goes on tomorrow

Lindaaham
4 20 319

I’m down to my last three cigarettes.  If I buy another pack, I’ll have cigarettes in my home on my quit day.  Since I don’t do this anymore, the patch goes on tomorrow.  In my planning I’ve spent sometime dealing with my feelings about letting go of “my best friend “  sadness,anger,denial.  I’ve put a plan in place and worked on my triggers and read a lot.  This morning like a million other mornings. I woke up feeling ok.  Mindlessly did my coffee,ciggerett routine and felt sick .  I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!  I’m ready to let go once and for all, one day at a time.  Good buy poison. No more will I see “quit smoking “ as a recommendation for my ailments and feel anger at myself.  No longer will I see recommendation to quit smoking as something I just can’t do.  I will see these recommendations and say to myself you’ve done what you can do for yourself to feel better.  I’m prepared for what you may do to me as you come out of my system physically and mentally…bring it on…I “loved you”, but I will begin to start loving me more!  

20 Comments