cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The graph is sinusoidal - and my mantra

sarai
0 2 18
Hi everyone - sorry for not messaging or posting for a while.

SOMONE STOLE MONEY OFF MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR! Am so mad. It's not fair - you know? I cancelled the card, but still - I feel incredibly upset. It's like I'm drawing in all the bad luck. And I'm really tired.

On the smoking front - still going strong, and staying away from them. The cravings are becoming easier to deal with in the sense that I can now almost talk myself through them - I have enough good reasons not to smoke and the best of them all is looking at the counter on my page and seeing the days increasing one by one!

Bleh.

I think I'm going to take the day off tomorrow 😞

Update: 15:37pm

I have a teensy weensy bit of free time before I am finished with the bulk of work and have to head home to take a well deserved nap.

I promise you all that I will reply to all the lovely messages and check in with all my great new friends. I wonder how it's going for you on your quit - whether it's your first, your third, or your twenty third. Either way, I urge you not to give up - not because I'm going to sit here and rattle off a list of benefits - but because giving up would be admitting that you are weaker than your addiction.

Yes, there are chemical changes that take place in your brain. Yes, it's harder to deal with life than just light up a cigarette and calmly blow all your troubles away. Yes, it's not easy to quit - yes you will feel awful, and yes it will feel easier to pick up a smoke and light it than just say no. It always will.

But you have to believe that everything is going to be okay eventually, and you have to believe that you are stronger than you know! You can't just think it, or say that you believe it, or feel like you know it, you have to act on that belief. In other words, you have to prove that you truly believe it - you have to prove that you trust yourself. Everything really is going to be okay.

Deep breath... in and out... and all together now... "It's going to be okay". Once again class... deep breath... breath in and be calm, breathe out and smile... one more time... "It's going to be okay!"

I been telling myself that all day to cheer up 🙂 It works!
Tags (1)
2 Comments