cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The easy way to stop smoking by allen carr

ibeebarb
0 5 7

I know it's been only 96 hours since I quit, but I don''t feel as stressed as alot of the blogs I'm reading. I've smoked for 33 years and have tried to quit every time  a new product came out.  I've tried the past 2 years taking chantix, it would have worked but my boyfriend passed and my son's father passed 8 months later. and my son has autism. I felt scared to try again that somebody else might pass, but I have to. I the only parent my son has left.... So I read the easy way method, but found the book didn't work well for me, I just don't have time to sit and read and comprehind. So I ordered it on cd form, I set a date and listened and relistened until I stopped, IN this book you are to smoke while you read! I still crave a cig. but I know I am a non-smoker . The book tells you as soon as you have that last cig. you are a non-smoker and everytime you crave one, you tell yourself I'm a non-smoker. why should I pay to poison myself, I know I'm addictied to nicotine, but I can get through it. When I was a smoker did my withdrawls wake me up at night , no I could make it through the night, so why couldn't I make through the day, Like I said  its only been 96 hours and when I feel I may not be strong enough I listen to the cd and look at my son, and know I'm a non-smoker. and if it gets really, really bad I smell the dirty ashtray, yuk. Just realize every time you stop you are a non-smoker and you stay that way until you llight up again.

5 Comments
va72lady

hmmm

chris148

I didn't read the book - but the statements you made are powerful! Thank you for sharing them!  Hang in there and God Bless you and all of us! 🙂

dusty5

Thanks Ibeebarb, I d/l the cd and will give it a listen tomarrow.  Amazon has all 5 star reviews about it.  Worth a shot.

hwc

The Allen Carr book (there's also a DVD) is fantastic for getting your mind right to quit. He does a terrific job of blowing the lies of nicotine addiction out of the water.

Now that you are 96 hours into it, you might get a lot out of a day by day guide to quitting that takes all of the same Carr principles and dives into the nuts and bolts of navigating the physical withdrawal and reprogramming all the learned triggers. www.whyquit.com has day by day lessons -- audio or video -- plus free download articles and books to take you from where you are today all the way thru becoming a comfortable ex smoker with no desire to smoke.

Either go their directly or you can click the lobster. I have the audio lessons and a bunch of links in the profile on my page. I stayed up til dawn listening to these quit lessons on day three of my cold turkey quit. It's very helpful stuff. You can't beat this damn drug addiction with willpower, but you can beat it by being smarter and better educated.

You are doing great. Woo hoo! Use every hour and day of success to draw energy and positive motivation to keep it going for another hour or day or whatever period of time works for you at any given point.

maynell

The Allen Carr book truly changed my life. I had Quit smoking dozens of times and always picked it back up again until I read his book. I don't even want one anymore. Not One Puff Ever. It's so simple and I had always made it so hard. Good job on you Quit and thanks for letting people know about Carr's book.