cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The easy way to stop smoking by allen carr

ibeebarb
0 5 13

I know it's been only 96 hours since I quit, but I don''t feel as stressed as alot of the blogs I'm reading. I've smoked for 33 years and have tried to quit every time  a new product came out.  I've tried the past 2 years taking chantix, it would have worked but my boyfriend passed and my son's father passed 8 months later. and my son has autism. I felt scared to try again that somebody else might pass, but I have to. I the only parent my son has left.... So I read the easy way method, but found the book didn't work well for me, I just don't have time to sit and read and comprehind. So I ordered it on cd form, I set a date and listened and relistened until I stopped, IN this book you are to smoke while you read! I still crave a cig. but I know I am a non-smoker . The book tells you as soon as you have that last cig. you are a non-smoker and everytime you crave one, you tell yourself I'm a non-smoker. why should I pay to poison myself, I know I'm addictied to nicotine, but I can get through it. When I was a smoker did my withdrawls wake me up at night , no I could make it through the night, so why couldn't I make through the day, Like I said  its only been 96 hours and when I feel I may not be strong enough I listen to the cd and look at my son, and know I'm a non-smoker. and if it gets really, really bad I smell the dirty ashtray, yuk. Just realize every time you stop you are a non-smoker and you stay that way until you llight up again.

5 Comments