11 11 209

images.jpg

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Robert Frost

Each of us must glean  the way to quit that suits us.  For some its the use of NRTs, but Smart Turkey (cold turkey) is best for others   If you try one and it doesn't work, you will need to think about why and try something else.  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

For ALL, though, education, planning, preparation, support and commitment are keys to success.  This undertaking deserves all of our effort.  Putting in the work increases the chance of success.  This is a difficult addiction from which to break free.  If you put in the work,  one day at a time, you will have the best chance to obtain your freedom from addiction.

You CAN!

Nancy
11 Comments
tracy0924

Great post Nancy! And I love that poem by Robert Frost. It is especially appropriate to the situation!💕

AnnetteMM

Very fond of that poem, and it certainly is applicable. I love how you tied it in.

Snowdoggie

@YoungAtHeart Timeless poem with great picture and advice. Thanks❤️🐕😃

sweetplt

pastedImage_2.gif

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE12515_0-1645124353118.jpeg

Kimshine

Excellent poem! 

Understanding nicotine addiction and learning all you can about it is absolutely the key! So many of us believed that we just had a bad habit. When I realized that I was addicted it made a lot more sense why I couldn't just stop. 

Cousin-Itt

On spot post @YoungAtHeart   It really doesn't matter how we got where we're at it just that we're here 

MarilynH

Great post Nancy 👍 I also love the poem!

Strudel

Lovely - thank you Nancy! 

meWisconsin

As the great Yogi Berra once said, "when you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Terry

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.