Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Prodigal Smoker returns.....

cody1976
0 8 65

Greetings all, 

Been a whle since I've posted anything here. There are a couple of reasons for that but the main reason is because I switched jobs. The computer I had was issued to me by my former employer so I left and it went back. 

July 3, 2014 - present day in a nutshell: Lots of changes. Father in law has terminal cancer, switched jobs, grew a beard, became an uncle,  Became a better father, husband & friend and many other exciting things but the one thing that has not changed is the last cigarette I had was April 7, 2013!

Just wanted to drop by and check in and encourage any of you who will read this to stay committed to your quit and protect it at all costs. It will be tough and it will drive you crazy but if I can do it so can you.

Cody

8 Comments
Giulia

May your quit date never change.  I'm glad you posted this.  I've now put you on the Elder's List. (I'm assuming if your last cig was the 7th, your quit date begins the 8th.  http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/profile/bex_user_622081   Come back more often, would ya?!!!  Your support is wonderful. 

Jennifer-Quit

Good to hear from you!  Congratulations!

Junior7

Congrats! 

MarilynH

A super congrats to you, fantastic. ......

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, and better still to hear how well your new, smoke free life is going.

Congratulations on your quit!

Nancy

elvan

Congratulations, Cody, on staying smoke free and becoming an uncle and a "better father".  You have had some challenges that would have taken down a lesser man.  Good for you,

cody1976

Thank you Giulia,

after reading your post I realized the wording of my post was incorrect. I meant I had been cigarette free since the 7th. Although the morning of the 7th did include a cigarette. I woke up to get ready for work about 5 am grabbed a cigarette and a lighter and stood on my front porch (wife wouldnt let me smoke in the house). Put the cigarette in my mouth and lit my lighter.... The cigarette was the worst tasting thing I had ever tasted in my life so I put it out after lighting it and havent smoked since.  Either way I've been smoke free for so long that I don't really remember ever smoking. Thank you for the support from everyone here it's good to be back.

Cody

linda.mustafa

So nice to hear from you Cody, you are truly missed here, I admire your positive energy, always did !

Besf wishes 🙂