cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Point

Luvbug4
2 8 71

i have quit several times in my life, sometimes for 3 days, sometimes for 3 weeks, but this quit was very different.  I've always wanted to stop smoking, in fact, I had been talking about it for about 20 of my 25 year smoking history.  I kept telling myself....tomorrow or after this pack, I'll stop.  I had to be completely fed up and disgusted with the habit to actually follow through and quitting was a different experience because of it. I was tired of talking about it, I was completely disappointed cigarettes had more control over my life than I did!  I was felt silly talking about quitting and not making it happen.  I had to reach the point....the point where I realized I hated organizing my day around cigarettes, I hated how I smelled and how my car smelled, I hated having 'the' cough and hated the cost.  The point where I realized I didn't need a cigarette, I needed to ease the withdrawal and that's it.  I started off taking it hour by hour, then hours were easier to manage so I was promising myself I wouldn't smoke that day. Then days turned into weeks.  For me, the first 4-5 weeks were the toughest (very hard, but it does get better), and occasionally now I get a little anxious here and there, but in general I'm so proud of myself, I feel great,  the cough is gone, everything tastes better and smells better.   Distract yourself, do whatever it takes to just get through the day.    You can do this and you can stick with it, there is absolutely nothing to gain by putting your quit off or starting over tomorrow.  

8 Comments
Dotgirl_1-28-16
What a great message! Enjoy your smoke free day! N.O.P.E.
Kimshine

Nice blog,good advice!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

MarilynH

Beautiful blog, beautiful message, thank you and a super duper congratulations on your awesome ongoing precious forever quit.

TerrieQuit

You have a great message! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on your quit!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

YoungAtHeart

Very encouragiing blog for the newly quit!  Thanks for posting it; and happy to "see" you doing so well.

Congratulations on a year plus!!

Isn't life grand when we don't smoke?!!

Nancy

joyeuxencore

How wonderful that you have accomplished this longed for goal to be free! Congrats! xo

lisalhh

Wow, Lovebug! You hit the nail right on the head. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement and comfort. Hope to be smoke-free soon.  -LisaLHH