cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The NOPE Doctrine

jonilou
3 6 20

Giulia posted a comment tonight on someone's blog and mentioned the Nope doctrine. We talked about it years ago and it really is the key to a successful quit. Let's face it, there are several keys to a successful quit, but Larry's post today broke it down to a few steps. Simplicity is great but I think basically they all have something in common.

The Nope doctine is :Not One Puff Ever, for any reason, under any circumstance. Which ties in with Jackie's SINAO. Smoking is not an option. Giulia said "Erase their very existence from your life". 

I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure how I could so easily smoke after 4 plus years................I left an opening in my mind. The door was closed, but not LOCKED. It was not bolted with a big heavy dresser in front of it. There was a tiny opening there and the addict in my head slipped through that opening.

We must CLOSE AND BOLT that door. There must never be a reason, ANY reason to crack that door, no matter what happens. That's the NOPE doctrine. It works, if we really adhere to it.

6 Comments