Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Most Precious Gift

SimplySheri
6 8 223

~~What you focus on grows.~~  Unknown

Be gentle on yourself, quitters.  Remind yourself that you can do this.  Remind yourself that you deserve this.  You aren't a 'failure' and you aren't 'stupid' and you aren't a 'loser'.

You, dear quitter, are precious.  When you were born, you brought something into the world that was never here before and never will be again.  Truly.  You made someone's day with a compliment you gave them and you brought comfort to someone with your words.  You may have brought life into the world or you may have brought life to someone who was lost.  Whatever your talents or skills or abilities, you are SO worth quitting smoking!!

Remember that when you have moments of doubting your quit.  In fact, every time you have those negative thoughts, bring yourself back to the realization that you are giving yourself a gift that no one else has the ability to give you.  How powerful is that?!  And how wonderful it is to know that you think enough of yourself to be doing this!!  

You may have hard times in the beginning.  It's ok because it does get easier as you go.  Don't give up and don't give in.  What you focus on grows, so grow positive thoughts, grow personal growth, grow your quit into something so strong that nothing life throws at you will break you down into a smoker again.  

I'll have 11 years quit in a little over two months and I still marvel at it.  But everyone starts the same.  Day 1.  You can't get around it.  So grow it.  Nurture it.  Love it.  Live it.  And it will grow.

I hope this helps at least one.  And then that one write something that helps another.  That's why this site works so very well.

Peace to all,

Sheri

8 Comments