JonesCarpeDiem
7 20 196

Today I celebrate 4000 days,

Tomorrow 4001

Quitmas life is wonderful

Make your quit a miracle WON.

20 Comments
susan_m

4000 congratulations, Dale!  What a wonderful milestone! 

Deb-EX

Oh WOW!! 4000 days is incredible Dale, congratulations!! I love the magic of Quitmas :-))) 

Mike.n.Atlanta

CONGRATULATIONS DALE!!

Welcome to the Quad Quad Club!

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

Mortalzeus

OMG! Mind numbingly beautiful number Dale

YoungAtHeart

This deserves a marching band!

https://www.iup.edu/uploadedImages

Balloons!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/belCJJjut1A/maxresdefault.jpg

A chile relleno !

And, most of all!

https://www.askideas.com

And, thanks for all you bring to the site every day!

Nancy

MarilynH

you totally rock Dale, wow you!   Yay for 4,000 humomgous smoke free days and counting! 

0a1a6d818deafdbfa921f51452125ef9.jpg

shashort

Wow oh wow Dale 4,000 days what an inspiration you have been to me and to everyone here,  Big hugs and thanks for staying with all of us newbies. You Rock Dale. Thanks for all you do here. ANd why oh why are you not on the freedom list train ?

Mandolinrain

930735d310ffff18fedd8eb1dfe241e70182edce_hq.jpg

CONGRATS DALE....THIS IS HUGE!!! SO GLAD YOUR SMOKE FREE AND SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL!!!!!!

Giulia

Four Quads Quack Quack!

IMG_2716.JPG

pir8fan

4K is Ultra High Definition! You are indeed Ultra High Definition not only of Quitting, but also of the support that makes this place Special!

Gratz on the 4K!  Thanks for all you do!  Tommy

elvan

JonesCarpeDiem‌ WOW, 4,000 is absolutely mind blowing!  I am so happy for you and I am seriously so grateful that you are here.  Thank you.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

Big Congratulations To You!

kristen-9-7-15

Congrats Dale!

freeneasy

Congrats! Mewwy Quitmas 

NewMe

Most impressive, Dale! Super humongous congratulations on your ginormous milestone. And I think everyone on this site probably can credit you with giving out some information or support that really made a difference in their success as a quitter. So thank you for being here every day and helping each and every one of us reach our goals. You rock!

MarilynH

A super duper Congratulations on your splendiferous 4,001 humongous DOF and counting Dale!

dwwms

WOW!! 4001!! WOW!!

Thanks for all you do to help the rest of us!

Doug

Bree19

JonesCarpeDiem

What a brilliant leader you are for us to follow in your footsteps and aspire to reach such a milestone! 

Thank  you for your daily wisdom and humour.(I know.  It's "humor" in your world) and for keeping me on the straight and narrow

Thank you even more for the bits of music you share (just not enough)

Anyway - most impressive. Congratulations.  Luvya to bits!

smokefreedom

Congrats, I am so happy for you ................awesome, you have been a shining example for those of us that joined up later in the game.

Posamari

Atta boy!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.