cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Happiness Project

sam354
0 2 28

I picked this book up this weekend and it is astounding me.  I must recommend it.  It is helping me to not only SEE the cognitive distortions that keep me smoking, but also some ways to deal with them.  One of the commandments in this book about a year of trying to be happier, and operationalizing that to concrete actions and resolutions is:  ACT the way you want to feel.  So often she finds out that if she does that instead of the other way around, it works perfectly.  Tired?  Act energetic...you will be energetic.  Angry?  Act happy...you will feel a jolt of happiness which helps you out of your anger...and finally the big one.. Smoker?  ACT like a non-smoker even if you don't feel like one...I am trying this whenever the cravings hit.  I am back to day one, but I will not give up until I am quit.   Stay strong everyone.  http://www.happiness-project.com/

2 Comments
JACKIE38

good for you sam day one is ok your trying  and thats the main thing,  you will gett hrough this we all will at some point,

have a great day jackie

blc

i am also back to day 1 today. Its not as bad as my original day 1. Keep up the fight.

Bobbi