cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Freedom Train is What Dreams are Made of.....Really!

Dakota_Posse
0 10 28

Happy Saturday to everyone!  

I'm into Day 6 of my quit and almost done with my second week of Chantix.  As you may or may not know, one of the side effects of Chantix is "unusual or vivid dreams...".  Well, I've been a little disappointed up to this point that I haven't had even one dream...well, as of Thursday night, that all changed!  Haven't had time to blog about it until now, but I did give Conductor Tommy a heads-up post last night that something was coming....so sit back and enjoy this dream!

I start by using Sophie's opening from the Golden Girls....Picture this, Hartford, SD, May 25, 2011, 5 pm....beautiful sunny day.  My BFF, aka Wanting Freedom in SD, calls me on my way home from work..."Hey, what are doing when you get home?  Stop at the Bowling Alley and I'll buy you a beer to celebrate your 100th day Quit!"  Of course, I agree!  When I walk in all my friends are there!  There's balloons, horns, confetti and shouts of "Congratulations"!  Tears of joy are streaming down my face!

Then over the intercom I hear a train whistle....a loud and long whistle.  The place goes quiet and I hear a voice.."Cindy, get on your party dress on because the Freedom train is coming to pick you up!"  Shannon and I look at each other and we both say "Tommy!"  Everyone else has the most confused expressions on their faces.  The voice (Tommy) continues. . . "Everyone is already on board...your favorite cheerleader, Rick, is waiting to do a cheer!"  The double doors that separate the bar from the bowling alley open and in walks Rick with a pair of pompoms...I cry again (I cry ALOT in this dream) and give him a hug!   Tommy continues...."When you needed warmth to brighten your day, who went out and sent you pictures to brighten your day?  Yes, it was Dale, Dale, Dale!"  And in the door walks Dale...again I cry and give him a hug.  "Kathy (Strudel) who is always there to welcome those new to the Ex site and gives them the tools they need to succeed and always checks in to see how you are doing is ready to welcome you onboard!"  Through the doors comes Kathy...yes, I hug and cry again!

By this time, I have no masscara left on my lashes but rather all over my face....

Tommy continues..."Our little Ellen who wants to do unspeakable things to our spammers and posts on your Board, 'You've got Mail'".....out comes Ellen and, again, hug and cry!  "A girl who actually knows where Hartford is because she used to party during her college days around there...here comes Dodge!"  Laugh, hug, cry.  At this point it's like I'm watching all this from above and the expressions on peoples faces who no nothing about the Freedom Train is priceless!!!!

"All the rest are here too....your hero from Daytona, Thomas & Julie ...not Lisa, breathe free, quitter, linda, laura, lonita..we're all here"  Everyone rushes through the door and as we are all laughing, hugging and crying...the train whistle blows and Tommy's imfamous words are heard throughout the bar "ALLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!

When I woke up, I thought I heard a train whistle....unfortunately, it was my alarm clock!!  What a dream...you all have faces to me now, whether they are right or wrong...don't know, but for now I don't care.  I know I have friends and, for now, that's all that matters!   THANK YOU for giving me a dream that I will never forget and will give me strength when I need it!  Have a blessed day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Comments