cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Fall/Halloween 2013 Bonfire is here!!!!

ShawnP
0 287 1,428

Celebrate Being Free!!
We're looking to get 1,000,000 unsmoked cigarettes dumped into this fire. Post your numbers and I will tally them up throughout the night. Let's see how many we can get!!

This is how to do your calculations for your unsmoked. 100 Days, and you were smoking a pack a day(20 cigarettes) You would have 100 X 20 = 2,000 unsmoked cigarettes to throw in the fire! If you need math help let me know!!            

Fire burns til Sunday at midnight.                   

Tags (1)
287 Comments
itsmenonsmoker

i used to go shopping with the wife an in the store i would take brake just to smoke, we go out to eat i would smoke from car to the door smoking, finish eating an go out for more puffs, what a slave i was

ShawnP

i was the same way. I really puffed that cigarette down from car to store. Couldnt wait it at the price i paid u know? I am glad i now use my time more wisely 🙂

lisa11209

Food, drink, and people, all great!  Good to see everyone. Thanks, Shawn, for the great party!

ShawnP

Nice to see you today LIsa! i am here and there. Just reading the past bonfire blogs 🙂

ShawnP
ShawnP

Heres a video I made. Didnt realize i had more comments. Will have to check them out.

Wasn't That A Party By The Irish Rovers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KDSxqJ_0o

ShawnP

Total for the night so far is.1,141,227. We hit goal but we can do better and hit the all time high and we need just 189,395 more.     

Thomas3.20.2010

WOW! Impressive numbers!

Come on, you all! Think of somebody who hasn't shown up yet and invite them! WE can do it because we're awesome!

phyllis-12-7-15
Great party Shawn. Tossed mine in last night but came back for some of your yummy food. If you are bar tending I like my margaritas on the rocks please. Lot's of salt, I'll watch my BP tomorrow. LOL
SkyGirl

Hey, I tossed my 11,700plus last night, but I guess my 30 more for today might help meet the all-time goal, right?

My layover tomorrow is in San Diego and I'll be hanging out with Dale.  Did he throw in all his unsmoked?  THAT ought to take it over the all-time goal, right?  He's been quit for, like, a hundred years, right?  LOL  Love you, Dale, and can't wait to have hot dogs in Oceanside on Monday!  xxxooo,  Sky

Patty-cake

I'm here to throw in 10,126 in the fire!! Burn, Burn, Burn!! Hope this helps hit the mark.

I've been quit 1 year, 4 months, and 19 days, 

I've saved over $5, 063.

SmokedOut041412

My name is Teresa and I will gladly add mine to that bonfire 🙂 

I have been quit for 1 Year, 6 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 40 seconds (561 days). I have saved $2,299.64 by NOT smoking 7,862 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 7 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/14/2012 12:00 AM

rizza

not  sure if my totals were posted, but just in case, 1350 not smoked!

ShawnP

Dinner tonight...no worries plenty to go round. It mulitiplies itself hehe

ShawnP

ShawnP

ShawnP

Shaheen has 6,448 cancer sticks to burn!

jojo_2-24-11

YEAH! Shawn, so happy to see so many people tossing those nasties in the bonfire! I still wish we could get Mothergoose here! Let me go knock for her. I hope she's home.

ShawnP

Jojo NY has 43,000 to add!

Mothergoose9

Tossing in my 44,580 UNsmoked death sticks!!!!  8 years, 1 month and 20 days ago I took my last puff and decided that I was going to spend the rest of my days as a FREE woman!!!!  I was tired of carrying around the ball and chain of addiction!!!!!  I was meant for MORE......and so are YOU!!!

ShawnP

Woow!!!! thanks so much Connie!!! love ya!

ShawnP

One Last Time has 30,000 to burn!

ShawnP

We need 47,293 left to make it 1 past 1,330,621. Can we do it?? yes we can!

jojo_2-24-11

Come one Come all! Through them unwanted, unsmoked, nasties in the fire!

MarcieWhosoever

oh boy im LATE but heres my smokes! Good riddence to em'!!!!!!!

28,110 discusting UN-smoked cigs.....

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShawnP

Wooooo hoooooo!!!! 

jojo_2-24-11

Nice! Marcie good to see you ! Look at that flame go! 

MarcieWhosoever

thanks JoJo! good to see you also! and thanks Shawn!

ShawnP

Its blazing again..

Rick_M

Good to see ya Marcie....good going Shawn u sure know how to throw a EX party...

ShawnP

Thanks Rick! We are all awesome together!

Michwoman

I love this campfire!! Thank you Shawn!

dalichild

92 days at 20 a day is 1840!!!!

pir8fan

MistyDawn ask me to throw in her 23,720 unsmoked cigarettes!

Thomas3.20.2010
Thank You, Shawn for a wonderfully successful Bon fire! Happy Halloween Everybody!!!!
MistyNoMore

I smoked a pack a day. Quit on 9/30...that is 28 days @ 20 per day...560 cigs 🙂

nummyk

80 to add and counting!

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later