cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The End of Day 2

obz900
0 8 14

I've made it 48 hours without a cigarette. I feel good, and confident. I'm having some odd withdrawal symptoms, but I'm not sure if they are being caused by the lack of nicotine or not. The same day I quit smoking I started eating/drinking only vegetable and fruit juices to try and cleanse my system and lose a little weight. Today I had headaches, severe cravings for greasy food, and my mind was just altogether not there. I got so pissed off about absolutely nothing that I started smacking my steering wheel while I was driving. That being said, I resisted the urge to smoke which is usually my go-to means of coping with anger. Thanks everyone for the support and I'm looking forward to 3 days with no cigarettes. One day at a time!

8 Comments
jojo_2-24-11

Hi obz, This is the nicotine leaving your body, crazy huh? Right, one day at a time. You are doing good, keep it up! Drink tons of water too!

dunwitit-dave
Nice job Mr. 900! Stay focused! You got this! Remember, all you're feeling is discomfort. Nothing else! You can handle a little discomfort right? Its a part of the process! I got faith in you Brah!
mikecity

Congratulations on day 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I found deep breathing to help.  Count out ten deep breathes.  By that time, you feel better and your mind is else where.  I still do it even when I'm not having an urge or craving.  

mikecity

Congratulations on day 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I found deep breathing to help.  Count out ten deep breathes.  By that time, you feel better and your mind is else where.  I still do it even when I'm not having an urge or craving.  

tomthetool

Hey now- one day at a time bro. You can do it. You're almost through the worst part. Days 10 and 11 for me were pretty bad, but not like the first few days. I found that tootsie roll pops are really cool in the car (the place I smoked the most). Also got a nice yankee candle air freshener (well my wife got it) called "fluffy towels"... the name alone makes you smile...

rachel65

Thanks for posting Oli.

Yeh I understand the brain fog it`s bad, I burned the dinner yesterday and felt strange all day, the anger I understand too, I think thats one of the hardest emotions to deal with, it boiling up just under the surface but not coming out.

I thought it was a reaction to the patch I was getting. but it must be something to do with not smoking.

any way we are here and doing what we have wanted to do.not smoking.

We are free.

Your Juice diet is probably speeding up the de-tox process and causing your headaches, and bloodsugars to be a little out.... you are a sucker for punishment man!!!!!

Your sympthoms are probably more intense because of the juice diet, but you will be clean quicker and skinny!!!!!!

A skinny non-smoker!!!! now there is my dream.

jewel9

Congratulations on your quit!!!!  I too did a 'cleanse' for 2 weeks prior to quitting.  Juice and vegetables only.   Only homemade veggie juice and smoothies.  My body felt like hell!   I allowed myself to sleep as much as possible.  I also layed on the couch doing nothing but reading and watching tv a lot of the time.  Don't put too many stressors on your body while you're new to quitting.  Let your body REST.  And drink LOTS of water.  Like 10-12 glasses a day.  Flush all the toxins out!  You feel like hell right now because that is exactly what is happening.  Please, please, don't put too many stressors on yourself at this time.  You are fragile right now.  Take care of yourself!

doney

ahhhhhh....the "fuzz" as I liked to call it. I may be a bit of a sadist but I actually kinda liked the physical withdrawal because it made me feel like I was on some hardcore drugs or something.....dizzy, confused, lightheaded.....I used to pay good money to make myself feel like that.

But anyway, drink a ton of water, and we all know on this site that different things work for different people, but chewing gum was my savior when I would have really bad cravings, and staying busy!!!! I purposefully left myself a ton of things to do around the house in anticipation of quitting and the need to stay busy.

Or go for a walk when a craving hits. Or a bike ride. Like video games??? I used to get myself sucked into a Wii game, next thing ya know I've been playing for an hour and haven't even thought about a cigarette. Anything to distract the mind.....

Good luck. Quitting smoking sucks. But it's totally worth it in the long run. No doubt about that.