cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Effort in Exercise

jody21
0 2 6

Have you ever made the decision that you were going to work out to get in shape so you can do something you normally don't do or never have done? You know you want the end results and what it will take to get them. You are all pumped up and bought the latest equipment for your workouts and maybe even bought a membership to the gym. Day one, you know you are not in shape and so you decide to take it a little easy so you don't hurt yourself right off the bat. The next few days you realize just how out of shape you really are and how much this is going to hurt to get where you want to be. You need more warm ups and stretching and feel silly that it takes so much effort to do just one pull-up or to run just one block.

This is where I am right now just doing the sparation exercises. I do want to quit smoking and I will. I am just disgusted with myself for becoming so addicted.

There are things I want to do. Some I have done before but cannot do them any more because of smoking, like hike to the top of a mountain peak, row a canoe across a lake by myself or even swim across it, run a 5K, 10K or a full marathon. Have you ever heard of a Mud Run? It sounds like a blast! All of my adult children do these things and I would like to do them with them.

I am going to quit and get my health back. Motivational quotes help me, I print them out and put them in places I will see them several times a day. The latest I put on my fridge to help me stay focused through the quiting process:

SUCCESS is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  (R Collier)

Do you have any quotes that I can add to this one?

2 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

"Nothing can make you smoke"

butt-kicker

I saw this on a sign at the airport a long time ago. it said: 

"How can you move on when you're standing still?"

I love that one! Do what ever it takes to stop. The sooner you stop altogether, the sooner you can run, walk, swim, marathons and hike mountain peaks! The best gift you can give to your kids is you as a non smoker 🙂

Just remember that when you stop, one puff will put you right back into your full blown addiction mode. I learned the hard way. Take it from here and from me. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever (so true) 🙂

Diane