cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The Candy Monumental Moment

candylance
0 13 19

I received a message this morning from Jaxson (quit 1-16-14), and now and for eternity, I'll be in the history books!! Jaxson calls this moment, the moment when you realize that you've been through something scary, traumatic and heartbreaking and then, later, you have "The Candy Monumental Moment" and realize you didn't think about a cigarette. I was touched. I've written about the death of my dog, Boo Boo and how Mike asked me if I thought about a cigarette. I said, "No!" because my FOCUS was on Boo Boo, NOT on a cigarette. Thank you, Jaxson!!

I had another "The Candy Monumental Moment!" on Sunday. Sunday morning my husband couldn't walk straight, had a headache and was slurring his words. I call 911, and the Rescue Squad came to check him out and took him to the hospital. I had to park a long ways from the ER but I walked and I made it. We were there from 9 AM 'til 6 PM. The doctors sent him home and told him to call his heart doctor.He had a mini stroke or TIA Now he has to have an MRI because he hasn't been himself for about a year. Jaxson reminded me of the fear that I had and that "The Candy Monumental Moment" happened when Jaxson wrote me, and I realized that I had been in the ER all day and afternoon and smoking didn't enter my mind. My FOCUS was on my husband.

Anyone can have "The Candy Monumental Moment"!! Just keep your MINDSET that you are a non smoker. Then keep your FOCUS on the moment that you used to smoke over. I can't thank you enough, Jaxson!! Hopefully, others have had or will have this moment of realization.

13 Comments
JRC

Wonderful blog Candy!! Hugs, Janet

annb
Oh Candy that IS monumental! I'm so glad to hear it. Focusing on the right things and not being pulled away by Nic. Isn't it good to really "be there". Bless you and best wishes for your hubby to feel better quick.
LouiseR

I love it! 

maria86

Hi Candy great blog post and inspirational to others.  Its all in the attitude NOPE and "GETTING IT"!  thanks, God Bless you and hubby XOXOXOXOXOX

JonesCarpeDiem

Hugs

CMM! CMM! CMM!

stacycatt

Candy, You continue to inspire me with your strength in the toughest of times.  Again, you have overcome the nicodemon for good and I'm so very proud of you!!  Love you!

wishingstar

So proud of you. I will keep both of you in my prayers

moody_9-18-13

Candy, great blog! You have become the woman you always had living inside you.

She just needed to be free from addiction, free to be able to focus on the most important things in life. God bless you, my Virginia girl. 

Love and hugs,

Moody

Strudel

Candy - What a great blog! I sure hope your husband feels better very soon..... Keep us posted. Take care! 

Jaxson1-16-14

HUGE HUGS to you Candy!! You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers! You are very strong woman and such an inspiration, it is fitting that such a moment should be named after you and you will go down in history as you should! Thank you for being you! More HUGS! 🙂

jacks1125

just cool!

debra

Wow! Sorry to hear about your hubby having that TIA. Wonderful to hear that even with the fear, anxiety, and strong emotions, smoking never entered your mind! Congrats on your "monumental moment". You and your hubby will be inmy prayers! ❤️

jeanne-8-4-13

You and your husband will be in my Prayers.