Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The 29 of 100....Are you in? I hope so!

tireduvsmoke
0 4 56

Some interesting statistics I found.

According to the American Council on Science and Health, 95 percent of all smokers say they would like to quit, 60 percent actually try quitting and 50 percent succeed.

So for every 100 smokers 95 would "like" to quit.

60%, or 57 will "try" to quit.

50% or 28.5 will actually quit and suceed.

So what is it that makes 29 able to quit while the other 71 continue to smoke? 100% commitment to quitting. If you hold on to a lighter, if you keep ashtrays, if you keep hats, clothing, etc. with cigarette logo's on them,are you really 100% ready?

I know myself that I "tried" several times to quit and was unsuccessful. I believe I was unsuccessful because I kept many of these things around. I also wanted to do it "My Way", and didn't seek out advice of others who had successfully quit.

Quitting smoking is not easy. The cravings can be intense and affect you physically as well as mentally. But they do pass. I had sweats and shakes, but I didn't die from them.

So if you really want to join these 29 out of 100, do yourself a favor. Commit 100%. Don't lie to yourself, be honest. You cannot ever put a cigarette in your hand ever again.

If your having trouble with the cravings, find out what people did on here to cope with them. I personally was told by an EXpert on here to read all I could about the benefits of quitting. It worked well for me. When I was in a place where I couldn't read, I thought of all the benefits of quitting. I watched videos of people who were dying as a result of smoking.

But most of all, I was 100% ready to quit, and removed everything connected with smoking from my life that I possibly could.

I don't know it all. I've only been quit since Oct 22nd 2012. But I know this. The only way I can smoke a cigarette is if I put it in my hand, and stick it in my mouth, and light it up. So I will not under any circumstances put a cigarette in my hand. I believe as long as I abide by that 1 rule, I will never smoke again.

Do yourself a favor, commit 100% to being a non-smoker, get rid of any cruthces you are using, and become free. If you need help ask someone with years of quit time. If you don't like what they say, try it anyway. None of them want you to continue to smoke.

Be 100% ready to quit smoking forever!

4 Comments