cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thanks all for the prayers

elims-09-14-13
0 3 0

Apparently my "dad" has blood issues...really low hemoglobin and really low....don't know the correct term but low ability to coagulate. Blood won't clot.

I guess he's been having episodes for a while now of getting dizzy/light headed when he stands up....

So, blood transfusion, vitamin K in his IV...staying the weekend for obs and testing...something about blood in his stool so when they get the blood normalized they will do GI studies...

All in all from what I understand he is in good hands and they will try to figure everything out. 82 years of hard living....

In the meanwhile, I did not smoke. I was able to tell my sis to stop texting me updates while I was working wihtout sounding like I don't give a darn, which is mostly true. 

I was able to talk to my bro to get all the details even though our relationship has been strained...it's not his fault he's just really clueless and doesn't think, and I don't have patience for that sometimes.

Anyway...nothing I can do from here, and even if he was on his death bed, there is just no way I could get out there, so I let them know I care and that is all I have to give.

I have to work long days over the weekend but will try to get on in the evenings. 

Not even thinking about smoking! 

Oh...that reminds me. I gave some food to my neighbor who I know is also struggling, and when we went over to her house, I noticed that it reeked. When I was a smoker all I noticed was her air freshener (melted wax)...now all I smell is fresh and stale smoke. Ugh. Glad I stopped smoking indoors years ago...and glad I stopped altogether!

Eli

3 Comments
About the Author
I quit with the help of Chantix on September 14, 2013. I did the pledge. I wrote. I answered other people. I had to teach myself that smoking didn't actually make anything easier or better. I learned other coping techniques. I made friends here. I just didn't smoke each day.