cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words

bonniebee
0 17 41

I am sorry i have not been able to thank each one of you individually but I do thank  you from the bottom of my heart. I have just returned today from Buffalo I felt horrible having to leave . My friend Karen drove me there we left on the impulse  driving all night . Because I was under so much stress I had the directions wrong and we drove 2 hours north when we were supposed to be going West ! By 8:00 am on thursday we were exhausted and got a hotel that would take dogs, we had Jonah and Lily with us then the owner a nice Indian lady said we could leave th dogs in the hotel room while we went to the hospital .  The air conditioner in Karen's car is not working so the dogs were hot and tired . We were still about 5 hours away from Buffalo .  I was so sad to see him like that, unconscious and  on a respirator but I refuse to think anything but positive I cannot imagine my life without Gabe in it .  

I truly haven't thought about smoking it sure would not change anything . It was so much better to spend time in the ICU with Gabe and not feel the withdrawal and need to leave him to go smoke .  It has been so stressful the doctors there are really bad about communicating with me or his wife Nita . I call and they say they are putting me through to his nurse and then the phone rings and rings and no one answers it . Today I did speak to his nurse who said they tried cutting back the meds to begin getting him out of the medically induced coma but because he is still on the respirator he began vomiting . She said the neurology team would call me today but they never did and they didn't call his wife either . Please send up a prayer for him I will post his picture on my profile pic .

Thank you so much for being here for me I can't imagine life without him I have already lost one son Please God heal my son Gabe give him the fighting strength he has always had dispite his disabilities I ask this in the name of my lord and Savior Jesus Christ .....Amen .

17 Comments
About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .