cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank you all

Courage
0 8 9

Just wanted to thank everyone for reaching out yesterday, rough moment there...  I think the mornings may be the hardest for me right now.  I have to rethink how to handle this.  I was just outside breathing the beautiful air and clearing my cobweb head.  

Onward...

Again, thank you to all  you amazing people

8 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Maybe think about changing up your morning routine?  Instead of your coffee first, maybe put on your tennies right out of bed and go for a quick walk, then shower, THEN your coffee?  Drink your coffee with your OTHER hand!  If your drive to work is a trigger, maybe find a different route to change up the scenery?  Keep a cold bottle of water in the car.  Count the red/blue/green cars you see, or the number of lights you hit/miss?  Make up life stories for each of the other drivers you see?

The more you can make things different than when you used to smoke, the less associations there will be!

You did good to blog yesterday instead of smoke!!!

Nancy

elvan

Nancy has great suggestions and what you did today was very good, I had to go outside and take some deep breaths and reinforce that I didn't have to smoke to be out there.

So happy for you, Fannie.

Jenn_06-03-14

Good Morning!!!  You made it through the day without smoking!  I am proud of you!  Every time you have that urge, step outside and walk aroudn the block!  Walking is so good for you and also releases those endorphins for that natural high!  Good job!  Have a wonderful day!  🙂

Courage

Morning Miss Nancy, well I can tell you this realization, I don't like coffee. I wonder if I ever did....  Yes, I have to do something, because the mornings are, bascially, just downright confusing.  Unfortunately I work from home, so the days can be very long, but I think to break it up a walk is definitely in order! 

Thank you! 

JonesCarpeDiem

BYF

(button your flap 🙂  )

froguelady

Leave it Dale to come up with something silly enough to make you laugh.

You are doing this and it will get easier.

MarilynH

Stepping outside each morning and taking a few deep breaths is a wonderful way to start each day. 

Marilyn 

TerrieQuit

Breathe that fresh air!! Congratulations on your quit!

Terrie  74 DOF

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Quit March 16th. 52 years old, smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years, enough said. Day 124, July 18 I smoked a cigarette and continued to smoke (because there is no such thing as just one) until Sunday, November 2, 2014. April 24, 2015 I'm editing the above. Certainly did not quit back in November and I'm 53 now. Boy, time sure flies... There's nothing worse than being a smoker who wants nothing more than to quit. Okay, so now it's over a year, but I will do this starting today, August 17, 2015. Out of the darkness and into the light.... Needed to update this, quit as of September 14, 2015. Anyone contemplating losing their quit, just follow this time line, it's taken me over a year to take back my freedom when I thought it was going to be so easy to take it back before. Don't make that mistake. Wish I had a counter, but as I write this it is September 24, 2015, I'm in the baby stages of my quit. Day one again, September 28, 2015