cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank you all for the support

elvan
0 34 86

My house burned...pretty much to the ground today, I was at work when the fire started, my husband was home and he got out safely.  The firemen have found the bodies of all three of my beloved cats.  I am heartbroken and without any energy right now...I thank each of you for reaching out and congratulating me on my ten month anniversary, won't likely forget THIS one, will I?  I am not smoking over this...the house did enough of that.  I lost my cats, my clothes, my jewelry, my medications, my family photographs...all of the Christmas gifts I had bought, all of the things my youngest daughter had sent, my computer...pretty much everything I owned.  I had saved close to $1000 from  not smoking...it too was in the house, inside of a chair in my room.  My husband had cashed a check for a recent large sale for $2400...THAT was in the house. To say that I am devastated is an understatement.  

We are staying with my son and his fiancee tonight...I have no idea what the next few days will bring.  I will not likely be on here much since it is not my computer.

Again, to all of you, my heartfelt thanks and my love.

Ellen

34 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Let us know what you need.  We ALL want to do something for you - so don't be shy.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and a group hug is on its way to you.

Nancy

Brenda_M

Ellen, my gosh...I am so sorry for all your losses--what an tragedy. My heart hurts for you for the kitties and the mementoes. Thank you for coming by and letting us know and letting us see you are okay. I won't be able to do anything but think of you.

Ms.J_11-10-2013

We love you!!!!!! 

MarilynH

Oh my dear, dear friend, I am so heartbroken for you and your husband. I know each one of us here is with you in thought and prayers. We all love you and are hurting with you. I am so very sorry for the loss of your 3 pets, I know just like with my Sam they were family and losing them along with everything else is devastating. Dale said you have insurance, thank God for that, I know here in Canada if a cheque isn't cashed in a period of time if it's a government cheque that they will issue a new one. I pray that will happen with your husbands cheque, God will provide you with your needs and keep you safe. 

Lots of love and huge hugs coming to you , proud of you on your smoke free life. XOXO

Marilyn

swilson2

Ellen, i am so, so sorry for your loss but thankful that you and your husband are ok, please let me know anyway i can help, bless your heart, sending you bear hug....Sharon

linda.mustafa

Oh Ellen I am heartbroken , absolutely devasted to hear this!

Please if you need anything do not hesitate to ask !!

I'm speechless .

JonesCarpeDiem

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Sootie

Ellen----I have tears in my eyes reading this.....your poor cats! What a devastating loss for you. So grateful to God that your husband is OK. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

annb
Dearest Ellen I'm relieved to see this post from you. I know you must be overcome with grief. We all love you here and are mourning with you. Once you can see whats what ask for anything and everything we can do to help. I have a hardly used Beautiful (white) bedroom set sitting in storage. It is yours if you want it. I will be wrapping you in prayer dearest lady.
Jennifer-Quit

You are in my thoughts and prayers--so relieved to hear that you and your husband are safe.  Also relieved to hear that your quit is safe--I cannot imagine how you must feel but do take comfort in the fact that you are loved. 

promise_judy

Oh Ellen--I am so sorry for all you have lost. I am glad you and your husband are well. The lose of your furry babies is shocking and I am at a lose as to say anything more. You are in our prayer dear Elllen.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Ellen and her husband)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

XOXO

Storm.3.1.14
I'm just aching right along with you tonight, Ellen. You are in my thoughts, as always. Reach out to us all if we can do anything to help.
Legend

So sorry to hear of everything you lost in your house today and your 3 cats also. I’m glad to hear your husband and you are ok.  When I saw what was going on I was speechless and could not imagine all of the emotions all at once going on inside of you. I hope you can get some rest tonight somehow. Hugs to ya 

Strudel

Ellen - I can't bear to even think how you must feel - I am so very sorry! You are in my prayers tonight....and going forward. I hope you are feeling the love coming from this site.  Love - Kathy

johio

Ellen...I am so very sorry that such a tragedy has come into your life....My prayers are with you

856beverly

Lots of love and prayers for you and your family.  So sorry for this loss.  We are here for you!

Mrs.Rum

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am grateful, with you, for the safety of you and your husband but heartbroken, with you, for the loss of your furbabies.  

I don't know what I can do, but whatever the Elders put together to support you - I will participate as much as I can.

[[[hugs to you and to your husband]]]

Newfound_Joy

Ellen....I was so shocked to hear this news.  My heart truly aches for you and your hubby.  You are such an incredibly strong woman you will conquor this and, all without  smoking.  I just know you will.  I am praying for you already, and will continue to pray for you every single day.

I must say "you kill me"  Did anyone else catch her humor (even under these dire circumstances)??  You said "I am not smoking over this....the house did enough of that"  What a WINNER and what an ATTITUDE!!  Perhaps your community will come together and have a fund raiser for you!

I know you are grieving the loss of your cats also.  No more words- all I can say is that I am so very sorry!

Please see my PM.

All my love you beautiful lady!!

nanawendy

Ellen, My heart aches for you. Glad that you and your husband are safe. You are in my prayers and don't hesitate to ask if there is anything we can do for you

Sending love and hugs

Wendy

Magstoyou

OMG Ellen, that is horrible. So sad!! So sorry about your kitties!

I just can't imagine. At least you and your husband are O.k. and you have your sons house to stay at. ((((((((Prayers and Hugs)))))))))))

Mag

ShawnP

Oh Ellen! I am so sorry for all your losses. Such a tragedy!!! Keeping you and your family in my prayers!! ((((((((((((((( U ))))))))))))))))

cheyenne7
There are no words Ellen, I am so sad....sending you love and hugs. I am so sorry about your cats, but also very grateful your husband got out safely....I don't know what to say, except if I can help in any way....sending prayers sweet Ellen ❤️
newlife5

wow this really blows me away... it is a horrible terrible tragedy... my prayers are with you

Jaxson1-16-14

My heart aches for you my beautiful friend! Know I am here if you need anything! I love you! HUGE HUGE HUGS and many prayers!

froguelady

I am so very sorry for all you lost.  I am sure you are heartbroken over your furry babies. You were in my prayers tonight and will be tomorrow and the next day and the next day,ect.  HUGS

sparky26

Ellen , like everyone else I was shocked and heartbroken to here this news, I can't even imagine sending you prayers of comfort and strength , you well be in my thoughts,you know that .So sorry about the kitty's  .Love Donna

smorgy8513

Ellen, I just got on and saw your blog.    I don't even know what to say.    Words are not enough, but at this point that is all I have for you.     I'm glad you and husband are safe, I'm so sorry for your kitties, money and possessions.     I'm offering prayers for peace, comfort and a big ((((((HUG))))))))) but it is a gentle one.       Let me know what I can do!

Love to you,

Sharon

ninepatch
Terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ((((((((Ellen))))))))
LouiseR

Ellen, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am so very sorry for your loss.

Junior7

So sorry for your losses!  Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!  Sending prayers your way!

JulieSw

Ellen, no words can express how sorry I am for your loss 😕

jacks1125

omg so sorry my prayers are wth you. wishing yo the best so sorry.stay prayerful and strong. A big warm hug to u!

phyllis-12-7-15

So sorry for your losses. Keeping you in my thoughts.

HUGS

trudyd

so very sorry to hear of your loss.....I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

About the Author
Retired RN, worked ICU/ER developed RA in early 90's, unable to work because of brittle bones from high dose steroids. Diagnosed with COPD 5 yrs ago but sure it was there and progressing long before. Live with severe chronic pain, degenerative disc disease, had both upper lobes of my lungs removed in 2015. Struggle with shortness of breath. Work in son's cafe as a cashier 2 days a week to be around people. I am a people/animal person. Lost my home and three cats in a fire on my ten month anniversary of quitting smoking. Never thought of smoking, knew it wouldn't help anything.