cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank you Rescuers!!

djmurray
0 13 78

Okay, the crisis has been averted.  Thanks to everyone who leaned over to pull me back into the lifeboat. I actually just had a really good laugh, and I think that's got to be the best antismoking tool of them all.  I was still feeling antsy at about 4:15 pm and thought "okay, it's time for a brisk walk in the cold."  Our receptionist has taken my quit very much to heart, and always asks how it's going, so I told her I was having a hard time today, that I really wanted to smoke.  She gave me a hard candy to suck on and I said I was going for my brisk walk.  I marched out the front door of our building and purposefully strode forward with the intent to completely circle the building.  By the time I got around to the back of the building I could hardly breathe, so I went back in and kind of collapsed on her counter and said "Okay, now I know why I have to quit smoking!"  We laughed so hard we couldn't stop.  And I feel much better now.

Sorry for the drama.

13 Comments
Legend

I’m glad you feel better now.  I hope the rest of your day goes smooth and is peaceful. 

annb
Yay!!!! Yeah!!!! Way to go!!!!
JonesCarpeDiem

me glad.

Storm.3.1.14

Love it! 

gina72
I'm glad you are past the bad part. Because we don't do that anymore.
froguelady

You did good.

bonnie-12-28-14

DJ you are Wonderful and Strong!!!

Have a Great Evening.  

jdrabbit01

Fantastic!!

elvan

I just love you D.J., you are such a fun person.  I am so glad that the receptionist is such a supporter!  

MarilynH

I am sooooooo sorry I wasn't on line for you but you got through the crisis. You should be pleased with yourself that's wonderful and I am glad you went for the brisk walk which reminded you of one of the reasons you quit in the first place. You are doing a great job with your quit WTG my friend. ☺ 

Marilyn 

Sootie

I am also sorry I was not here to reach out but of course, there were plenty of supporters here------that's EX!!! Glad the crisis is averted. If you are anywhere on the East Coast....I would imagine that walk was VERY BRISK!!!!

Stay Warm!

Stay Strong

Strudel

Sorry I missed your earlier blog....but, the beauty of this place is that there were others here to help! I am also sorry about the incident at work. But - you knew exactly what to do by coming here and writing a blog!! So, so smart! That is exactly the way to protect your quit! Learning to ride through these moments (which we always "handled" by smoking) as EX's is a big part of this journey..... And - you did it! Every success like this is what you build on! Way to go!

Brenda_M

AWESOME! You killed those craves like a champ!