cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank goodness for the countdown clocks!

dodge315
0 11 29

I really like the countdown clocks on many people's individual pages.  When I first quit, I needed to count in hours (sometimes I needed to count in minutes or seconds!).  I even have a blog post about my excitement about "counting in weeks now".  Now I'm over 2 months, and besides getting excited about hitting triple digits soon, I really do lose track of how long I've been quit.  I don't feel like a quitter anymore, I just feel like a non-smoker.  I know it will take years for my body to repair the damage that I did, but they will be happy years!  When I first quit-it felt like such a daunting task, I struggled through cravings, chewed off all my finger nails, and ate everything in sight-including that expired container of yogurt.  Those days and feelings are gone now-but never forgotten bc I never want to "quit" again.  Have a great week everyone-can't wait to be counting in decades 🙂

11 Comments
dvolgenau4

sounds like your  an offical ex!!!!

tamarale

Awesome job. Your smile says it all. YOU are inspirational. Thanks for posting this...and congratulations!

breathe-free

You are a positive inspiration....Breathe Free

EllenMT

No doubt in my mind!  We are Exers all the way! Congratulations my friend!

tatumferguson2

Congratulations! Headed towards those triple digits! I'm so proud of you!

pugs_girl

YOU DID IT!!!!  I am sooooo proud of you!  Your words ring true to so many of us!!!!!  Keep it going!!

Strudel

What a great blog! Congrats on 72 days!!!

laurie37

I'm with you Dodge; "those feelings are gone but not forgotten."  I think that really helps save a quit! 🙂

Hooray for 72 awesome days!!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Patty70

You have your true self back. Good for you.  

lanie4

You're such a terrific girl... Its the best feeling when we get into the double digits at first and then when we stop counting is even better...  Keep it up you're doing a great job !!! : )

Dakota_Posse

You are SO right Dodge!   I sometimes think I have a clock on my page not to inspire me but  rather to keep track of my quit because when people ask me how long it's been I have to stop and think about it or check my page!!!LOL!!! What's with that????   Guess I'm with you Dodge....let's go live!!!!!!   Love ya girl - Cindy