cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thank God I am free.

JACKIE1-25-15
2 10 13

I am at peace but today was one of those days if I was a smoker I would have smoked a lot.  Funny after all that has taken place today I did not think about smoking at all.  My day started off as usual with the Ex and coffee then off to exercise class.  Returned home did a few things on line.   Dropped by my sister’s house found her sick in bed. In excruciating pain. That is when the day became hectic running errands for her, answering calls from home care for assistance.  She was in so much pain she could not talk.  She had called Rescue because she had fallen ( a second time this week)  In the meantime  I am going back and forth to my house to keep a check on my dad.  Running errands for my dinner which I haven’t prepared yet.  Ended up at the hospital with family to support my son in law who is having surgery.     At the end of this day on my way home, I thought I haven’t had a desire for a cigarette or thought about one.  I did notice while doing errands that I have an automatic breathing exercise that comes into play when things get hectic.  It has replaced puffing a stinky.  That is why today I am saying.  “I am free.”  446 Days of freedom.  Hallelujah.  

10 Comments
About the Author
Lay aside every weight that may be slowing you down. Make up your mind not to allow doubt cause you to stumble. You can do this! Do not allow fear , False Expectations Appearing Real to hold you down. You can do this! Break the chains of addiction, forgive yourself for ever smoking. move forward and start loving yourself more each day by staying smokefree. Put aside worry, anxiety, depression, any EXcuse that you would use to not get in or stay in the race of freedom. Take one day at a time, one step if necessary. Run the race diligently, steady and sure with endurance. Believe that you can. Keep your eye on the prize. Hang tough, stay close, be mindful, never give in, never give up.