cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Take 5, Give 5

pir8fan
0 11 22

I have been thinking for the last few weeks that something is missing here! I have heard it said that the joy and the enthusiasm is not here anymore! I wondered aloud where it went! One thing I have learned over the years is: If you are going to claim something is wrong, you had better be damn sure how much of it is your fault! So, let me start by taking a huge slice of the blame myself!

Today I looked and found the joy and the enthusiasm all over the place! It was in Aztec's blog to welcome our Butt-Kicker back! It was in Heidi's 300 day celebration! It was in Jamie's blog about her first 30 day's! And it was in all the responses to Laurie's search for help as she drops the NRT's! It was all over the place!! All the kindness and caring a person could possibly need is here! It was on display today!

There have been days when it was harder to find! We have lost some great people in the last few months! There are strong and quiet voices of reason that are rare visitors now! There are great cheerleaders who for one reason or another are no longer audible here! But we still have an excellent core of really good and caring people! This is still a great neighborhood to live in! Our families are not always on the same page, but we read the same book! We are here to help each other quit smoking, and stay quit! So let us re-double our efforts to replace the good that is no longer here until more good comes along! An extra 5 minutes of happiness is my pledge. I ask all of you who can to spread a little extra joy!

11 Comments
suzieq2

Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww, I promise to make a better effort to stop & check in more often  & spread a little joy too.  

perfectblend

Great blog Tommy. I have had the same thoughts recently. Thank you for showing me what I was missing ( although I have never missed the joy you bring here :)...Collateral kindness!! I will take your pledge!!!

Everyone is unique...the common ground is that we have, are, or have been, addicted to nicotine. Each one of us can offer comments of understanding, words of encouragement, kicks in the rear, dropping a line, friendship, and education. It is not to be underestimated how we can create the rainbow for others here after the storms we all can occur in our lives...

kathys

Great blog Tommy. You sure do give the people on this site some joy. I hope the new people on here know that they can always count on you to give a helping hand. I will try to help when I can and I know others will too.

dixie5

I liked your blog, but I guess maybe being one of the new people here I have to disagree I find joy and happiness every day here but reality is we all cant have joyfull perfect every seond of the kind of dad, ahh wouldn't that be great, I thought we could share are hard day's also I thought that is what this site was about to help each other, so sometimes it aint pretty, I hope I am not offending, but you make it sound as though the newer members are not as welcome like it's some special club, and I would not have stayed quit if it was not for my new friends here so I hope new people don't feel left out like that come on anymore...

pir8fan

For the sake of clarification let me say; I did not say the joy and enthusiasm were gone! Someone else said that! I, in fact pointed out a number of examples of both! I am merely saying that we can do better! If you are having a bad day, by all means let us help you with it! If someone else is having a bad day let all give that person the same support we expect! This is a great place! I believe it can continue to get better!

bella65

thanks tommy for the kind words.your a great guy:)

butt-kicker

Thanks Tommy. A positive attitude and positive comments,,that's what it's all about! When I was going through my bad times with losing my sister, I always said, and this still holds true here,,"A little goes a long way"  With that being said, your message is right on!

Take 5 and give 5 is awesome. It helps another and amazingly we may not realize it at the time, that we're even helping ourselves, it all clicks together as time goes by. Like I said, a little goes a long way!

Love the post Tommy,,I really "get" what you meant! You're a real force here, and I mean that in the best possible way!

Lots of Love!

Hugs!

Diane

Mary155

here's a bit of a medley for ya tommy that goes to the tune "joy to the world"...

joy to tommy, the smokings gone, let all the ex's sing! 

🙂

maggie_8-1-2010

Good blog. I will take it to heart.

_m_9

Hi there.....great blog.  I am one of the newbies who is benefiting from the support and th joy. thanks.

Mari

sandee

This site is very fortunate to have you here...

🙂